ALL >> Health >> View Article
How To Prepare Barley Water At Home?
Barley water is easy to make and can be stored for 3–4 days. Barley water simply put, is barley boiled in water for a long time that is later seasoned with lime or salt.
Why would one have barley water instead of regular water? Because barley water helps aid digestion. It also helps in weight loss and can detoxify your body. Other than that, one of the best benefits of barley water is that it helps clear your skin and gives you a glow that will be unmatched. Going on a barley diet is wise but needs caution as low on calories and carbs and high on fiber. You need the right workout routine to complement this diet. It is always recommended to talk to your nutritionist before going on a Barley water diet as different people’s bodies react differently to this substance.
Barley water is one of the best summer drinks. It goes very well with rock salt and lime zest. This drink helps lower the body temperature and hydrates you too. Want to know how to prepare barley water? Follow this simple barley water recipe below.
For this recipe, it is advisable to use pot, hulled or pearl barley. Take 1/4th cup of barley and wash it a few times.
Soak this barley for 6–8 hours. Soaking the barley before cooking it helps reduce the cook time and lessens the effects of abdominal gas.
After 6–8 hours of soaking the barley, drain it. Place the barley in a pressure cooker and add to it three cups of fresh drinking water.
Cook this on the stove over a medium flame for 7–9 whistlets. Once it is done, the barley should be soft and mushy.
Wait for it to cool and then strain the barley out.
Add some rock salt to the barley water and squeeze in the lime. You can drink it immediately or cool it in the fridge overnight.
The barley that you strained out can be eaten separately with some seasoning or made a salad out of.
This recipe will serve 2 people. It is important that you not use the barley without soaking or cooking. It is high in fiber in its raw form and can give you serious stomach issues. This dish as a total of around 80 calories, hence is light and easy to consume.
You can find more recipes on the LivAyur ayurvedic recipes page. They’re all easy to make. You can also find other Ayurveda related content on LivAyur, that include wellness recipes, home remedies and workouts too.
Health Articles1. Aloe Arborescens Extract Supplier Can Help You Deal With Wounds Quickly!
Author: William Rowe
2. Why Looking For A Laser Hair Regrowth Treatment Comb Isn’t A Bad Idea!
Author: Rupal Jain
3. 5 Things To Consider While Selecting A Cosmetic Surgeon
Author: Ajay Agarwal
4. Do Natural Treatments For Acne Actually Work?
5. Insurance In Ghana
6. Stem Cell Therapy Todays Hope, Tomorrow's Reality
Author: Vaishnav Kumar
7. High-protein Diet For Weight Loss
Author: Rite Bite
8. Modalert Reducing Daytime Sleepiness For Improved Efficiency
Author: Denial Haugh
9. Impact Of Image Processing On The Diagnostics Industry
10. How To Manage Your Back Pain And Wrist Pain
11. Learn How Moxibustion Promotes Holistic Healing
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
12. Government Classifies Medical Devices As Drugs To Improve Quality And Price Control
13. Tapentadol, The Best Opioid Medicine | Order Tapentadol Online
Author: Jaxon Powell
14. Should Your Baby Consume Ors?
15. What Is Modalert? How To Order Modalert 200mg Thru Legit Online Pharmacy?
Author: What is Modalert? How to order Modalert 200mg thru