ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Types Of Water Damages And Filing Piano Insurance Claim
OMG!!! Your piano’s condition is beyond repair. All you can do is replace it.
This is, probably, the last thing you will ever want to hear about your piano. However, disasters do occur and are real. And, real enough to damage your loving piano and other musical instruments beyond repair. In light of the recent events of hurricanes and floods, it is essential to educate yourself about the next step if your misfortune struck you, and your piano is found being exposed to or submerged in water for a long time. The points to consider includes -
What are the ins and outs of a flood-damaged piano?
● How will your Piano Insurance work?
● What should you do if your piano is ruined or broken?
● What’s the degree of the damage?
● What are the types of damage?
As far as damages are concerned, they can be of various types. Going through this blog will help you understand the types of damage.
When your piano comes in contact with water
If your piano is exposed to moisture or water, and God Forbid, if it gets a little submerged into water, the effects will be no less than detrimental. These musical instruments are so delicate that even sharp fluctuations in humidity and temperature parameters can make them unstable and unable to perform without hours of tunings and other stuff.
When your piano is submerged underwater
What if your piano gets submerged in water or till the level of its case? Well, in that case, in all possibilities, your piano must get a replacement. And, don’t you think that the results are quite obvious? When water comes in contact with your piano's soundboard, action assembly strings, and case, it can cause irreparable damage to the internal and important parts of the same. Plus, the glued components and laminations also tend to weaken due to prolonged contact with water. Wood deterioration is another issue that surfaces with time.
When your piano becomes the breeding ground of microorganisms
Besides the damage to the internal and external structure of you, bacteria and fungus build up inside and outside the piano are among some of the most common issues water damage can cause. Experts recommend getting in touch with a mold and bacteria eradication specialist before making any restoration or repair work on the piano.
However, despite all this damage, if you have your Piano Insurance, you are in the safe hands of your insurance provider. With a customer-friendly and reputed insurance agency, making an insurance claim is easy, upfront, and hassle-free. The following tips will make filing a claim easy for you. Let’s check them out -
● Keep your insurance provider’s name, address, contact number, and policy number handy. It will help you inform them as soon as possible. When you call them, make sure to describe the condition of the piano. Also, inform them that it’s beyond repair.
● Assess the degree of damage and make sure to document them formally. The more evidence you can provide, the stronger your claim will happen to appear. If possible, take pictures for reference.
● If your piano needs any minor fixes or temporary repairs, get them done. Another important thing that most musical instrument owners forget is keeping a record of the expenses they have made out-of-the-pocket. Keep the receipts handy. It will help you get the reimbursement without having to face unreasonable claim denial.
● Make a list of the damaged components of your piano for the future reference of the insurance provider.
It goes without saying that a piano to its owner is no less than a child. And, the right step at the right time can make a huge difference.
Insurance Articles1. Advantages Of A Whole Life Insurance Policy
Author: Enroll Lifeinsurance
2. Scenario To Help You Understand The Importance Of Piccolo Insurance
Author: Keith dibble
3. The Reasons Why Music Shop Owners Should Buy Music Dealer Insurance S
Author: Keith dibble
4. Insureatoasis - Easy | Quick | Secure
Author: Oasis Insurance
5. Health Insurance Request Quote Sharjah
Author: Go Finance
6. Fiddle Instrument Insurance – Ways It Can Protect You Financially
7. Get The Clarinet Insurance From The Best Provider
8. An Insight Of Insurance For Retailers Before Starting Your Music Store
9. Specialized Insurance For Musical Instruments Vs. Homeowner’s Insurance
10. Benefits Of String Instrument Insurance And Its Coverage
11. Tips To Choose Music Insurance Company For Instrument Coverage
12. Music Teacher Insurance - A Benchmark Of Professionalism!
13. Do You Need The Advantages Of Term Life Insurance?
Author: Active Capital Reinsurance Ltd
14. Things To Keep In Mind While Buying Oboe Insurance
15. Brass Musical Instrument Insurance And Maintenance Are Two Pillars For Your Gear!
Author: Musical Instrument Insurance