ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Uncovering The Truth: Chicago’s Worst Nursing Home
A History of Neglect and Poor Conditions
Inspection reports and ratings from the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services show a pattern of abuse, neglect and substandard living conditions for patients at the Wentworth facility. In recent years, inspectors from CMS cited the facility for staff members ignoring the basic safety and health standards for residents. Other citations include warnings for untreated bedsores, providing residents with poor quality food, and chronic insect and rodent problems. A Chicago Tribune investigative report highlights several such incidents, which resulted in residents suffering serious injuries and death.
The facility’s website boasts receiving a five-star quality measures rating from CMS. However, quality measure ratings are based largely on data reported from the nursing facilities themselves, which may affect their accurate representation of the conditions at the home. Overall, CMS assigns Wentworth a one-star rating, indicating the facility is well below the average for the quality of care it provides.
Federal Safety Measures Fall Short of Protecting Nursing Facility Residents
Federally implemented programs and measures aimed at improving the care in the nation’s nursing homes and ensuring resident safety largely fall short. The Special Facility Focus program allows CMS to target facilities that have significant failures in meeting the required care standards and resident protections. However, many facilities that qualify for the program do not get selected for participation or have substantial wait times due to the CMS’s limited resources.
Congress also directed the creation of the Nursing Home Compare online reference tool to help ensure elderly adults, those with disabilities, and their families have access to information on nursing home quality when choosing a facility. While the tool does have an icon to designate facilities that participate in the SFF program, it does not provide information on the program. Further, the star ratings for those facilities are removed from the facility profiles, but no reasoning for their removal is provided on the website.
Legal Articles1. United Stand By Caronavirus Attorney Anaheim
Author: The Morris Law Group
2. Duration Of The Property Rental Agreement
Author: Raj Kumar
3. Know About Party Wall Act Uk- Implications For All Parties
Author: David Frank
4. Why Hire An Employees Compensation Attorney?
5. Hire A Workers Compensation Lawyer And Let Them Protected Your Benefits
6. When You Should Think About A Workers Comp Lawyer Lexington Ky
7. Choosing The Workers Compensation Attorney
8. Problems With Your Claim? Hire A Workers Workers Compensation Attorney Lexington Ky
9. Real Estate Investors Are Avoiding Chicago. Here’s Why
Author: The Law Offices of Scott D. Rogoff, P.C.
10. The Reasons To Hire A Criminal Defense Lawyer
11. All About Worth Of An Affordable Divorce Attorney
Author: Tim Scott
12. Points To Consider With Diligence To Reach The Best Divorce Lawyer
Author: Marcus McGowan
13. Types Of Sports-related Injuries
Author: Hendy Johnson
14. The Roles And Responsibilities Of A Probate Executor
Author: T. Owen Rassman
15. Bankruptcy Lawyers– Important Questions To Ask While Hiring
Author: Marcus McGowan