ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Permission Required: To Cut & Grow Chandan Ki Kheti
As we all know sandalwood is the richest wood in all over the world. The sandalwood tree grows in low temperature or cold climate. SouthIndian soil is perfect for sandalwood. The reason for its vast demand is that it serves commercial, industrial, religious and medical purposes.
Till 2002, nobody was permitted to do sandalwood farming. Even when the sandalwood tree is on privates land, the owner has no rights on the tree. And it’s the property of the government.
It’s been 17 years, the government has given permission to the public to grow sandalwood in their land and also introduced policies, rules and regulations so one couldn’t do illegal things. Cutting sandalwood without taking permission from the government is illegal and against the government rules and policies. Tirupati nursery has permission to do Chandan ki kheti.
If you want to harvest it from your land then you have to take permission from the government and forest department. Then they give orders to their office workers to harvest the tree. It’s hard to save these trees from smugglers. After lifting the ban, 2800 hac. Part of the land is used to cultivate sandalwood.
In the last few years, Gujrat, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Uttarakhand also doing the plantation of sandalwood and each year the graph is increasing by 600hac.
In the year 2009, Karnatka government gave permission to growers to sell the sandalwood to semi-government. To harvest Chandan ki Kheti, the tree growers have to follow the formal procedure as they have to submit form no. 12 to nearby forest officer. In this form, all the required details should be filled as a village name, survey no. and information about the land.
It would be better if you count the trees before forest officers because these trees will be handed over to senior officers. Now, 75% subsidy amount also offering by the government. According to the law of the government, no one is permitted to use the sandalwood trees for commercial or industrial business.
The rules or regulations only to stop the harvesting, not for exportation. Because of that smugglers get the way to export it illegally.
Home and Garden Articles1. Guide To Buying Black Bathroom Faucets
Author: Donna Johnson
2. Find The Perfect Kitchen Remodel Options When You Are Clear On These Choices
Author: James Kuck
3. Online Furniture And Appliances Rental Store From Thinkrenta
Author: Vijay Yadav
4. How To Decorate Your Miniature Garden
Author: Patrica Crewe
5. Chemical Storage Containers | Extendaline - New Containers, Cabins
6. Flat Pack Containers | Extendaline - Outdoor Bike Storage
7. Flat Pack Storage Containers | Extendaline - Garden Storage Container
8. Upvc French Casement Window Manufacturers
9. Removing Bed Bugs With The Help Of Professional Exterminators
Author: David Alexander
10. Do I Need An Indoor Air Quality Test?
Author: ServiceMaster Upstate
11. Seven Common Asphalt Pavement Repair Techniques
Author: Sierra Solomon
12. A Not-so-brief But Interesting History Of Asphalt
Author: Sierra Solomon
13. Safe Flea And Tick Sprays - Eco-friendly Solutions At Affordable Prices
Author: Nature's Own Solutions
14. The Reasons To Hire A Professional Painting Contractor
Author: Martha Navas
15. Cluck! Taking A Look At Hens And Chicks
Author: Florence Blum