ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Benefits Of Protein In The Body
Protein snacks are an important part of everyone's daily diet. While most people watch their intake of sugars, salts, and calories, you should also make sure you ingest enough protein. It plays a major role in the creation and maintenance of cells in the body.
Moreover, protein is not stored in the body, hence it is important for a person to consume enough protein each day.
Protein consists of amino acids, which are the building blocks of the body. It is also considered a macronutrient, which means you need large amounts to stay healthy. Vitamins and minerals, which your body needs in smaller quantities are known as micronutrients. Protein is synthesized by the mitochondria in our blood cells which is also known as the powerhouse of a cell.
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services these are the following quantities of protein required by the body:
● Teenage boys, active men can get all the protein they need from three daily servings for a total of seven ounces.
● Children aged 2-6, most women, and older people, are recommended to consume two daily servings for a total of five ounces.
● Older children, teen girls, extremely active women, and most men, to two daily servings for a total of six ounces.
Benefits of consuming protein everyday
Speedy recovery post exercise/injury: When you suffer an injury or exercise vigorously, your muscles tear and need to be repaired. Protein is beneficial when this happens, as your body uses it to build and repair tissue.
Reducing muscle loss: Protein is an important building block of muscles, cartilage and skin. Your nails and hair are composed almost entirely of protein. It builds muscles and hence bulks them up and prevents muscle loss. Many people even consume protein bars India has now realised the benefits of these delicious, healthy bars.
Helps maintain weight: Protein aids in digestion. About half the protein you consume everyday goes into producing enzymes which helps in digesting food, making new cells and body chemicals.
Curbing hunger: Protein and fiber fills you up easily, and hence is useful in reducing your appetite. It keeps your stomach feeling full for an extended period of time. Thus you can maintain your weight, while providing your body with the nutrients it needs.
Hormone regulation: During the period of puberty, protein plays an essential role in development and transformation of cells. It also helps in regulating the amount of hormones in the body.
Oxygenation: Red blood cells of the body carry a specific protein compound that has the ability to carry oxygen in the whole body. Therefore, oxygen travels via our red blood cells in the entire body and supplies all our muscles with this all-important gas.
Some of the best protein bars in India contain enough protein to supply your body with it’s required amount in a day. They often also contain healthy ingredients such as oats, cashews, almonds, seeds, and dark chocolate. With all these health benefits, you should consume an adequate amount of protein daily.
Fitness Articles1. Snacks That Can Help You Lose Weight
Author: Rite Bite
2. Long Line Bras - For Using Maternity Bra
3. Rishikesh Is The Best Platform To Learn Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
Author: rajesh mishra
4. How To Find The Best Kids Dentist
5. Whiсh Mаrtiаl Art Is For Me?
6. Benefits Of Yoga For Stress Management
Author: Rajesh mishra
7. Your Muscles Is Your Power And Beauty!
Author: Vijayent Suri
8. Know The Variations In Push Ups
9. Reasons To Do Lunges With Weights
10. Health Insurance : Compare Best Health Insurance Plans | Cover360
11. Benefits Of Spinal Decompression Therapy
Author: Rajesh Mishra
12. Yoga Retreats In Vietnam | Yoga Hoi An | Aum Yoga Vietnam
13. Benefits Of Ayurveda Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh
Author: Rajesh mishra
14. Why Should You Take A Gym Membership In Pune
Author: omkar singh
15. Fight Against Gastric Cancer: Improve Your Lifestyle With Healthy Habits
Author: Jay Chokshi