ALL >> Health >> View Article
Headache Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
Head is one of the most common, yet nastiest of all sites for causing pain in the human body. Pain in the head, or headache, affects people of all ages, for different reasons. As the brain does not have any nerve fibers, it senses headache when there is any pain above the shoulders, that is, in and above the neck, skull, and face.
While some short-term headaches can be overlooked as they vanish all by themselves, other severe and chronic ones require medication. That’s why when there is a severe headache, people generally look for the best medicine for headache for quick and effective pain relief. Let's find more about headaches and their medication.
What triggers headache?
Leading doctors and physicians suggest headaches can be triggered due to various reasons in different individuals. Chronic illnesses, infections, dehydration, and medication reactions are known to alter the blood flow, causing headaches.
Similarly, as every patient has a different medication history, their reason for a headache might also differ. Some of the most common triggers of headaches include stress, anxiety, depression, unhealthy lifestyle, wrong dietary choices, and poor sleeping patterns.
What are the symptoms?
Some of the widely most widely known headache symptoms include:
● Dull, aching pain in the head
● Tenderness of the scalp
In rare cases, patients might also experience mild to severe complications such as:
● Tenderness of the scalp
● Loosening or softening of the neck and shoulder muscles
● Tightness sensation in the head
Meanwhile, when any of the below headache symptoms show up, experts suggest to seek immediate medical assistance:
● Abrupt, unending headache
● Headache accompanied with a stiff neck, fever, blurred vision, and weakness
● Headache post a head injury
How is headache diagnosed?
People with recurrent headaches and extreme headache symptoms should consult with their doctor for relevant physical and neurological exams. Some of the screening tests for headaches are:
MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) - This is a combination of a magnetic field, radio waves, and digitization for producing clear images.
CT (Computerized Tomography) - It is a diagnostic procedure based on the computerized system and X-rays for a complete scan of the brain.
What is the treatment?
Usually, headache treatments depend on the type and intensity of the headache and other factors like the patient’s age, medical history, lifestyle, etc.
Some people with short-term headache attacks do not opt for any medical assistance and try treating the pain on their own. They prefer home remedies like acupuncture, massage, and warm or cold press, which may treat headaches but not in the long run.
On the other hand, the constant use of certain over-the-counter pain relief tablets can trigger other complications. Hence, it is only advisable to see a doctor to know about the best medicine for headache.
Combiflam Plus is one of the foremost pain relieving tablets for both acute and chronic headaches. It is a perfect combination of paracetamol and caffeine, proven to provide instant analgesic effect and pain relief from all kinds of headaches. Consult your doctor or a medical expert for complete information on dosage and administration, special warnings, and precautions before its use.
I have a strong interest in writing articles and blogs related to fitness, health diseases, finance, and investment. In a free time playing chess and listening to music.
Health Articles1. How To Use An Online Pharmacy In The Uk Diazepam?
2. How Does Tramadol Help With Anxiety? How To Order Tramadol Online?
Author: Genrxonline CA
3. Organic Black Seed Oil A Natural Remedy For Insomnia
4. What If I Don’t Believe Vasthu
5. Survival Tips For New Gym Goers
Author: Rite Bite
6. Proven And Approved Hair Loss Treatment Options
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant Center
7. Let Your Skin Tell The Story Of Your Happy Pregnancy – Here Are A Few Skin-care Routines You Can Try
Author: Prapti Chauhan
8. Document Shredding Services Assist To Safeguard Confidential Information
Author: Herb Scott
9. Chronic Headaches Treatment – Find It While Going For The Top Chiropractor!
Author: Robert Augustine
10. What Is So Beneficial About Organic Oregano Oil?
11. 6 Most Frequently Asked Questions On Teeth Whitening
Author: Claudia Lamington
12. How To Manage Stress With Life Coach – Ritu Singal
Author: Ritu Singal
13. How Is Surging Geriatric Population Driving Telemedicine Market?
Author: Pramod Kumar
14. Know The Use Of Disinfectant / Sanitization Tunnels On People
Author: Rohit Jamb
15. Know Some Common Causes Fire And Explosion Accidents