ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
About Ketones | The Basics Of The Keto Diet
A ketone is a an organic compound containing a carbonyl group =C=O bonded to two hydrocarbon groups, made by oxidizing secondary alcohols. Or, in simple English, ketones (also known as “ketone bodies”) are chemicals produced by your liver as it breaks down fat for energy.
Usually, your body uses insulin to turn carbs into energy. However, when it can’t find enough carbs to make into energy, your body uses fat. Your liver turns this fat into ketones, a type of acid, and sends them into your bloodstream. Your muscles and other tissues then use these ketones for fuel. This is the premise of the ketogenic diet.
Did you know….
1. Measuring your ketones first thing in the morning, before eating, can give the most accurate result.
2. Ketone levels drop after exercise.
3. Ketone levels rise after consuming medium-chain fatty acids, such as coconut oil because the body quickly converts them into ketones.
4. Regardless of the type of testing method you are using, check its expiration date. An expired kit can give you false results.
5. How little—or how much—liquid you’ve consumed before the test can throw off the results. When you are dehydrated, you may get a false positive. When you have consumed liquid in the hour before taking a test, your result may be diluted.
6. Regardless of the type of test you use, keep it tightly sealed in a dry place. Any moisture can give you a false reading.
7. The body can only store a two-day supply of glucose. This means it can take up to two days of consuming 20 grams of net carbs to reach ketosis.
- The Keto Kit (https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-keto-kit-stephanie-pedersen/1129793093#/), a three-book kit for keto newbies to ensure you have everything you need (nutritionally, food-wise, and emotionally) to be successful and safe on the ketogenic diet.
- The Complete Book of Ketones: A Practical Guide to Ketogenic Diets and Ketone Supplements.
- MCM Nutrition: Exogenous Ketones Supplement Drink Mix
- Keto BM Ketone Blood Meter Kit
- Perfect Keto Ketone Testing Strips
- KetoScan Mini Breath Ketone Meter
Visit the Website "TheKetoKitOnline" at https://theketokitonline.com/ and you’ll find every single bit of information and support you need to begin your keto journey.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. 5 Benefits Of Having Organic Food
Author: Satjit kumar
2. Quick And Easy Dinner Tips
Author: Yogendra Shinde
3. Some Helpful Pizza Catering Tips For You!
Author: Laurie Hekeik
4. Relation Between Craft Cider Beers And A Good Microbrewery
Author: Rick Panesar
5. Perth’s Best Restaurant And Hookah Lounge
6. Food-entertainment-shisha At One Place
7. The Best Restaurant In Perth For Middle Eastern Food
8. Burger Pizza Grilled Chicken Kebab Seafood At A Restaurant Near You.
9. Things You Can Do In Perth During School Holidays
10. Perth’s Best Venue For Family Functions, Office Or Birthday Parties!
11. Dine-in Take-away Or Home-delivery, Whichever You Prefer
12. Burgers And Its Origins
13. Restaurant Style Fish & Chips Recipe
14. Is Shisha Better Than Cigarettes?
15. Why Is Flying Monkeys The Best In Perth?