ALL >> General >> View Article
What Are The Different Types Of Carpet?
A carpet has two main parts: the backing, which is the underside of the carpet, and the top part called the pile. The pile is made by weaving fibers into the backing, producing that texture we love to rub our bare feet against.
The first way to classify carpets is by how the piles are attached to the carpet backing. The fibers can be woven into a closely packed series of loops, creating what is called the loop pile. These loops can also be cut, and appropriately called cut pile.
Loop pile or Berber
1. Level loop – this type of pile is made by weaving the fibers into short loops of equal length. The resulting carpet pile is compact and has a plain texture, ideal for parts of the house with heavy foot traffic.
2. Multi-Level loop – the loops made in this pile are of different lengths, giving it a more uneven texture, which is more appealing to some people.
1. Saxony – the fibers are packed closely, and the ends cut as evenly as possible at approximately half an inch length. The resulting texture is soft and smooth, making it perfect for the bedroom or living room.
2. Textured – the fiber lengths in this type of pile are not even giving it a coarse look. The fibers themselves are soft and bend easier than that of Saxony.
3. Frieze – this pile is made of long fibers twisted until they sometimes curl into themselves and in many directions.
4. Pattern – this type of pile is a combination of cut and loop fibers to create the desired pattern.
Another way to classify carpets is by the material used in making the fiber. Each material gives the carpet pile a distinct characteristic, setting them apart from one another.
1. Nylon – this is by far the most popular material used in carpets today. It is durable and does not easily go out of shape but susceptible to stains unless treated to be more resistant.
2. Olefin – can resist moisture very well and more durable than nylon, but its texture is tougher, ideal for outdoor use.
3. Polyester – this material is less durable than nylon but is more resistant to stains. It looks equally luxurious and is a cost-effective alternative, especially if foot traffic is light.
4. Wool – this is the most expensive and the only natural material used to make carpets, but it does have a luxurious feel and is environment-friendly.
5. Acrylic – the appearance of this material is similar to wool and is a cheaper alternative.
Carpets are once again gaining popularity in homes today, especially with the recent improvements in carpet-making technology. Waterproof carpets, for instance, are all the rage right now.
There are many types of carpeting to choose from, but there is only one logical choice for a carpet cleaning company. ServiceMaster of the Upstate is the best option for your carpet cleaning needs. Consequently, finding a good carpet cleaning company has never been more critical. One such company is ServiceMaster of the Upstate, arguably the best carpet cleaning company in Greenville, South Carolina. We are open 24 hours a day, ready for carpet cleaning in Greenville SC whenever you need it. We also provide commercial carpet cleaning in Greenville SC and serve other areas as well, such as Spartanburg, Laurens, Newberry, Saluda, and nearby counties. You can call us at (864) 310-7891 at any time of the day or you can visit our website at https://www.servicemasterupstate.com for more information.
General Articles1. Best Workers Comp Lawyer
Author: Peter glade
2. Different Types Of Controllers Used In Solar Led Street Light Circuit
Author: Marsin Mackle
3. Best Indian Astrologer In Uk - Pandit Vishnu Verma Ji
Author: Best Indian Astrologer in UK - Pandit Vishnu Verma
4. Future Of Artificial Intelligence In Market Research
5. Iron Oxide Pigments Market Growth | Share, Types, Region And Competition Analysis With Forecast To 2
Author: Market Research Future
6. Petty Cash In Quickbooks
Author: pragati dixit
7. How To Quit Smoking?
Author: Mark Davis
8. Xiaomi Smart Mask | Collect Real-time Air Pollution Data
9. Tesla Employees Should Follow These Interesting 9 Rules!!!
10. Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2: Downtime, Agent Meowsicles & Everything To Know
Author: karen minton
11. Antimony Market Global Industry Size, Growth, Trends, Share And 2022 Forecasts Report
Author: Market Research Future
12. Trekking Tours In Kilimanjaro National Park – Choose A Route To Explore Mountains More
Author: Simon Mark
13. How To Solve Win32k_atomic_check_failure Error
Author: Elina John
14. Sources To Get Traffic For Websites
15. 3 Recruitment Trends On The Rise
Author: Charter Global