ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How Do You Prevent Black Mold?
Mold spores from the outside, plus wet organic material on the inside, equals mold growth. If you do the math, all you have to do is take one out of the equation to prevent black mold. This is easier said than done. From your drywall to your basement and everything in between, the inside of your house is a black mold infestation waiting to happen.
There are so many ways the inside of your house could get wet or mold spores from the outside could get in. You must be vigilant in looking for the signs of mold growth to be able to make a timely call to a professional like ServiceMaster by Wright, an excellent and reputable mold removal company in Punta Gorda.
An even better approach is being proactive about the potential breeding grounds of mold and nipping black mold infestation in the bud. Here are some ways for you to do it:
1. Regularly check for pipe leaks, burst pipes, or any other potential source of errant water that could cause moisture inside your house. This includes regular inspection of gutters and drainpipes that help keep water out during rain.
2. Keep moisture out through proper ventilation. Invest in exhaust fans or open your windows to improve airflow, especially in areas prone to getting wet like your laundry room, bathroom, and kitchen.
3. It only takes 24 to 48 hours for mold to start growing, so if things do get wet, dry them immediately. This is true even for clothes and towels. Hang them outside or in a room with proper ventilation instead of just leaving them lying around.
4. Keep the humidity inside your house below 60%. Use dehumidifiers or air conditioners and familiarize yourself with the local weather if needed.
Minimize mold spores
1. Mold spores can stick to your clothes and shoes until you get home. Pets can bring them inside with their fur. They can even float in through open windows, given the right wind condition. The bottom line is, mold spores can get inside your house whether you like it or not. Dust and vacuum regularly to remove mold spores that have settled inside your house.
2. Use air purifiers to remove airborne mold spores. The ones with HEPA filter are most effective, able to remove 99% of air pollutants.
Mold spores are everywhere and are a natural part of the environment, and sometimes, despite your best efforts, they still manage to get into the nooks and crannies of your house. It is in these hidden parts of your house that mold usually starts to grow unchecked and out of sight.
The best thing you can do is to watch out for early signs of mold growth, like discoloration on walls or a musty odor. The minute you see one, call ServiceMaster by Wright. As experts in black mold remediation in Punta Gorda, we can help you identify the root cause of problematic mold growth and deal with it before it gets worse.
If you are tempted to remove it yourself, don’t. Remember that what you see on the surface is usually just the tip of the iceberg. ServiceMaster by Wright has years of experience in black mold removal in Punta Gorda and can do it for you safely and effectively.
We also offer commercial mold remediation in Punta Gorda that business owners can depend on. Call us at (866) 676-7761 or visit our website at https://www.servicemasterrestorations.com for more details.
Home and Garden Articles1. Guide To Buying Black Bathroom Faucets
Author: Donna Johnson
2. Find The Perfect Kitchen Remodel Options When You Are Clear On These Choices
Author: James Kuck
3. Online Furniture And Appliances Rental Store From Thinkrenta
Author: Vijay Yadav
4. How To Decorate Your Miniature Garden
Author: Patrica Crewe
5. Chemical Storage Containers | Extendaline - New Containers, Cabins
6. Flat Pack Containers | Extendaline - Outdoor Bike Storage
7. Flat Pack Storage Containers | Extendaline - Garden Storage Container
8. Upvc French Casement Window Manufacturers
9. Removing Bed Bugs With The Help Of Professional Exterminators
Author: David Alexander
10. Do I Need An Indoor Air Quality Test?
Author: ServiceMaster Upstate
11. Seven Common Asphalt Pavement Repair Techniques
Author: Sierra Solomon
12. A Not-so-brief But Interesting History Of Asphalt
Author: Sierra Solomon
13. Safe Flea And Tick Sprays - Eco-friendly Solutions At Affordable Prices
Author: Nature's Own Solutions
14. The Reasons To Hire A Professional Painting Contractor
Author: Martha Navas
15. Cluck! Taking A Look At Hens And Chicks
Author: Florence Blum