ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Interesting Facts About Tandoori Chicken
Facts about Tandoori chicken that you must know:
Tandoori chicken got huge popularity during post-independence period of India and it was launched by Kundan Lal Gujaral, the owner of the Moti Mahal Restaurant. Do you know that tandoori chicken was served to the first prime minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru? Here you can find some interesting facts about tandoori chicken:
Apart from India, tandoori chicken has huge popularity in the western countries and you can find this dish in United Kingdom, France and Southwest Asia as their dinner menu. The name of the tandoori chicken comes from the type of cylindrical clay oven used for cooking tandoori chicken recipe.
A special tandoori masala is used in the tandoori chicken which is roasted by using hands and such people can prepare this masala by mixing different kinds of spices. Sometimes, yellow and red food colors are used in tandoori chicken to achieve the bright color outer layers of the roasted chicken.
Earlier, tandoori chicken used to be cooked on clay ovens at a high temperature, and such clay ovens are known as tandoor. Charcoal and woods are used for burning and roasting the chicken pieces. You can taste a smoky and aromatic flavor in this recipe. Along with the tandoori chicken, Kundan Lal Gujaral also invented few new dishes like, chicken butter masala (prepared by tandoori chicken with gravy) and dal makhani (prepared with black lentils, rajma and lots of spices).
People prefer tandoori chicken as a starter and you can find this dish in some states in India where tandoori chicken is served with naan or Indian flatbread. Fresh cream, coriander leaves and tomatoes are used for garnishing tandoori chicken.
You can find a localized variety of tandoori chicken in West Bengal which is known as Rooyi Posto. Apart from that, chicken is a good source of vitamin, carbohydrate and proteins. When you cook chicken on a clay oven you can retain its proteins and also the nutrition level. So tandoori chicken is a healthy option for your body, and you can reduce your weight and build your mass muscles by having tandoori chicken every day.
Author bio: The author is a resident of Kolkata, West Bengal, and she is a blogger who writes on foods and travels. Here, she explains about the history and some interesting facts about Tandoori chicken recipe.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Caterers In Chennai
2. Indian Food Catering Ottawa | Mehfil Indian Cuisine
3. The Waterfront Cafe For You
Author: Hanna Kogan
4. 5 Cake Designs For Wedding Ceremonies
5. Here Is How Olive Oil Helps In Improving Hair And Skin Health
6. Healthy Recipe Blogs For Wholesome Food And A Healthy Lifestyle
Author: All About Eve
7. Why Boca Raton Is A Foodie’s Paradise?
8. 5 Must-try Indian Food In Orlando
9. 4 Dal And Their Health Benefits
10. A2 Cow Milk Fresh Products Can Drive You To Have Healthy & Fulfilling Lifestyle
11. 5 Summer Time Smoothie Recipes For Breakfast
12. Reasons To Hire Professional Catering Service Provider For An Event
Author: Mario Sazos
13. Pizza For Lunch? 4 Reasons Why This Is A Great Idea
Author: Simon Fadous
14. Reasons To Visit Hans's Place Tavern For A Date Night
Author: Connie Peterson
15. Why Bubble Tea Is The Most Instagrammable Drink Ever- From A Top Ceo
Author: Rosario Berry