ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Faqs: Do I Get A Multi-car Policy Through My Texas Auto Insurance Company?
When you get married or your teen begins to drive, you may be worried that your car insurance is about to be more expensive. Actually, there is good news for policyholders in a situation like yours! Because a Texas auto insurance company will offer multi car discounts, having two cars on your policy is not twice as much as insuring one. You can get the financial break you need, while all drivers in your household can have the coverage they need.
A multi-car discount will significantly help reduce the high cost of insurance for another driver, so this is very welcome news to most Texas families. If you think you qualify for one, be sure to speak to your insurance carrier about it. You want all the discounts you can get!
Here’s everything you need to know about getting this type of discount from auto insurance companies in Texas:
#1 You don’t need to get a new policy or do anything special at all. You qualify for this discount if you have more than one vehicle insured under the same plan. Multiple vehicles in a single household automatically get the multi-car discount. It is pretty simple to understand- if more than one person is driving more than one car on a regular basis, it applies!
#2 Don’t actually drive a car? That’s okay too! The multi-car discount is typically offered on policies for any type of vehicle that can go on the roads, like a truck or a motorcycle as well. You may even want to ask about covering boats and RVs, as these are sometimes eligible to be used in this type of policy.
#3 The only bad news is that the multi-car discount does not compound with more vehicles added; the multi-car discount is added to each individual vehicle once and only once. Let’s say you are married and your teen driver gets their license, so you now have three cars under your policy. At the time the second vehicle is added, the discount is applied to both vehicles being covered. When your third vehicle is added, the discount is added to the third vehicle at that time but the original two vehicles will remain the same and are not further discounted in any way.
Car insurance can be expensive, everyone knows that. The multi car discount will certainly make insuring multiple vehicles a little easier on your monthly budget. Why stop there? If you know you need your car insurance to be cheaper, it’s probably worth looking around to other companies as well. They may be able to offer your discounts you aren’t getting right now, beyond just the multi-car discount. If you don’t think you are getting a deep enough discount, begin shopping around and contact a few companies for a free quote. You may be surprised how much you can save!
Insurance Articles1. What Does An Insurance Broker Do?
Author: Mark O'Connell
2. There Are Good Reasons To Use A Freight Forwarder When Importing Goods
Author: Mark O'Connell
3. Insurance Services Kerala - Muthoottu.m.mathew Group
Author: sindhu s
4. Tips For Finding Perfect Financial Planner For Investing Successfully
5. Three Effective Ways To Create That First Good Impression
Author: Medical Billing
6. Some Of The Best Life Insurance Plan In Edmonton
Author: Kanwar Bola
7. Types Of Water Damages And Filing Piano Insurance Claim
Author: music insurance company
8. How To Apply For A Liquor License In Nyc?
Author: Irina Berezentseva
9. The Many Reasons To Hire A Public Insurance Adjuster
Author: Ricky Sharma
10. Advantages Of Health Insurance For The Self Employed
Author: Richard J. Monello
11. The Three Pillar System In Switzerland - The Backbone Of The Swiss Pension System
12. An In-depth Discussion On How Insurance Can Be Beneficial For The Music Dealers
Author: Dan Schoenfeld
13. Auto Shield Road Hazard Warranty
Author: Go auto shield
14. All That You Wanted To Know About Medicare Supplement Plans In Texas
Author: Vanessa Charles
15. Importance Of Purchasing Recording Studio Insurance To Protect The Investment
Author: Music insurance company