ALL >> Health >> View Article
Type 1 Diabetes Causes, Diagnosis, And Treatment Explained
Type 1 diabetes, an auto-immune disorder, is one of the most widespread chronic diseases that usually affects children or young adults. Hence, type 1 diabetes is also known as juvenile diabetes. Let us discover more about type 1 diabetes.
How does type 1 diabetes occur?
Type 1 diabetes causes the body’s immune system to mistakenly attack and destroy insulin-producing beta cells present in the pancreas. Insulin is nothing but a certain hormone that is responsible for transporting glucose through blood (derived from the food we eat) to various parts of the body.
As the pancreas is not able to produce enough insulin, it limits the glucose to move throughout the body. As a result, glucose stays and gets accumulated in the blood, thereby increasing blood glucose levels. This condition is referred to as type 1 diabetes. A person having type 1 diabetes can fall sick gradually and may even get dehydrated if not diagnosed on-time.
Are there any early warning signs?
The development of type 1 diabetes is gradual and not sudden. An individual affected by the disorder usually experiences classic warning signs such as:
● An urge to eat and drink more
● Lack of energy, tiredness
● Unintended weight loss
● Increased urination
Without a timely diagnosis, type 1 diabetes symptoms can worsen and take a toll on the patient’s health. A type 1 diabetic may also experience vomiting, abdominal pain, and breathing-related problems along with dehydration.
Is there any diagnostic test for type 1 diabetes?
Yes, absolutely. In fact, nowadays, diagnostic tests for type 1 diabetes are easily available at all leading doctors, diabetes caregivers, and other medical professionals. Once you notice any of the above type 1 diabetes signs, make sure you check and consult with your doctor at the earliest.
Some of the most common diagnostic test for type 1 diabetes includes Glycated Hemoglobin (A1C Test), random blood sugar test, and fasting blood sugar test.
Once diagnosed with type 1 diabetes your doctor may also conduct a couple of blood tests to check for the prevalence of any auto-antibodies, which are very common in type 1 diabetes.
Additionally, diagnostic tests for type 1 diabetes may also help your doctor or caregiver to bifurcate between type 1 and type 2 diabetes. That’s because signs and symptoms of diabetes -- whether type 1 or type 2, is much similar to each other.
What are the treatment options?
Unfortunately, there is no proper cure available for type 1 diabetes, as it is a lifelong disease. Type 1 diabetes treatment and prevention methods including:
● Insulin therapy
● Keeping a check on carbs, fats, and proteins intake
● Monitoring blood sugar frequently
● Eating healthy foods in moderation
● Exercising regularly
Type 1 diabetics who maintain a healthy weight by following a nutrition-rich diet and regular physical exercise, have lesser chances of developing further complications. The only key to lead a contented life with diabetes is to keep blood sugar levels at bay, for which healthy eating habits and an active lifestyle play a very crucial role.
Health Articles1. Few Simple Tips To Stay Healthy
Author: Satjit kumar
2. The Healthy Manhood Primer: How To Spot Pleasure Addiction
Author: John Dugan
3. Have Got Acne & Acne Scars? (the Guide Has The Best Solution)
4. Shockwave Therapy Services At Care2cure Clinic Ottawa.
Author: jack sukla
5. Why A Percussion Massager Is A Boon For Muscle Pain?
Author: Dexter Brown
6. Fildena 100 Reviews
7. Living Donor Transplant In India
Author: liver transplant in Delhi
8. Hospitals & Healthcare Institutions Should Always Consider Outsourcing Medical Billing Because Of Hi
9. Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis Of Pancreatic Cancer
10. Chopped Dates For Baking Are Actually The Same As They Are For Other Uses
Author: SAM ALI
11. Pancreatic Cancer: Silent But Deadly Policy
12. How Can Hypnotherapy Help With Panic Attacks
Author: Richard Clark
13. Iran's Health Ministry On Tuesday Confirmed 15 Deaths From The New Coronavirus Amid 95 Cases In Ira
14. Having A Handsome Member Also Requires This Additional Element
Author: John Dugan
15. Multiple Sclerosis Market Insights And Epidemiology 2030
Author: yash bhardwaj