ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Lay The Right Foundations For Good Employment Relationships
Being an employer can be both rewarding and challenging. One of the greatest concerns and most complex areas for an employer is navigating the employment laws that come from both UK and EU regulations. Keeping up to date with frequent changes that add further obligations is difficult, and it’s not always obvious how a new law may translate into the reality of managing employees.
Having the support of specialist employment lawyers can ensure you meet your obligations and remove the anxiety from making difficult but necessary decisions.
What Do Employment Lawyers Do?
Employment law covers the breadth of employer-employee relationships and encompasses a very broad range of issues. In helping employers, employment lawyers can offer support with:
• Creating staff handbooks, policies and procedures
• Enforcement of employment contracts, for example, restrictive covenants and intellectual property
• Termination of employment
• Managing breach of contract
• Employee remuneration structures and option schemes
• Devising legally compliant policies and procedures, such as family-friendly policies
• Written terms of employment
Determining the Employment Relationship
One of the key areas in which employment lawyers can help is in creating written terms of employment. These are crucial for laying the foundations of the employer-employee relationship. Good contracts of employment do this not only by detailing the obligations and rights of all parties but by considering the language and structure to reflect an organisation’s culture. In addition, contracts are important because:
• They provide greater job security
• They protect both the employer and employee from certain risks
• They provide clarity of expectations between each party
• They detail obligations when employment ends
• They state the benefits and remuneration the employee is entitled to
• They set out the main terms and conditions of employment
Why Have An Employment Lawyer?
Getting the employment relationship wrong and not meeting your legal obligations as an employer can be very expensive for a business and have a severe impact on their reputation.
Laying strong foundations with comprehensive, legally compliant contracts of employment is just one key area where advice from a specialist employment lawyer can make a big difference, but the team at GSC supports clients in other ways:
• Keeping you up to date with changes in employment law
• Creating policies and procedures that ensure you meet your obligations while supporting the culture and values of your business
• Supporting preparation for, and attendance at, employment tribunals
• Being available to discuss employee issues as they arise and advise on appropriate actions
• Providing ongoing support to build your confidence as an employer to take action addressing issues or proactively preventing them
Our employment law solicitors at GSC use their specialist knowledge and vast experience to support clients on all aspects of employment matters.
If you have a construction project or issue you would like to speak to one of our team of specialists about,then contact us today.
Legal Articles1. Is Your Gym Safe?
Author: Ankin Law Office
2. When Uber And Lyft Drivers Crash Rented Vehicles
Author: Mainor Wirth Injury Lawyers
3. How To Find And Hire The Best Personal Injury Lawyer
Author: Zane Norman
4. Indian Union Budget 2020 – 2021 Highlights
5. Tax Audits Do Not Always Happen Right Away
Author: Randolph Law Firm, P.C.
6. Improper Evictions Are Putting Nursing Home Residents At Risk
Author: Bogdan Martinovich
7. Were You Injured By A Corporation In Nevada?
Author: The Patriot Law Firm
8. When Doctors And Nurses Ignore The Signs Of Fetal Distress
Author: Bradshaw Law LLC
9. What To Do When Your Spouse Has An Addiction
Author: Langer & Langer
10. Injured In A Demolition Accident? Multiple Parties May Be Liable
Author: DePaolo & Zadeikis
11. Is Settlement Planning Right For You?
Author: Marc Blumenthal
12. Considering A Reverse Mortgage? Here’s What You Should Know
Author: Roger Stelk
13. Immigration Prediction For 2020 In Canada
14. Married To A Us Citizen? You Can Still Be Deported
Author: Ronald Shapiro
15. Fulmer Sill Nominated For 2 Golden Gavel Awards
Author: Devin Herz