ALL >> Service >> View Article
What Is Bis Registration?
Although the current scope of Standardisation is quite broadened as compared to older times when public standards comprised of most units of measurements of currency, time and quality of basic goods.
ISO, International Organisation for Standardisation based out of Geneva, Switzerland is the sole global authority with around 164 countries as its members. It was established in order to push quality global goods standards required to trade and consume with the assurance of public safety and quality.
Likewise, in India, the authority for Standardisation resides with BIS which stands for the Bureau of Indian Standards. In order to maintain the quality and technical sustainability, BIS also represents India in the International forums like the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and the World Standards Service Network (WSSN).
BIS - under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Union Government - supervises and administers the entire procedure of Standardisation as per the latest amendment in the Bureau of Indian Standards Act in 2016. This act repeals the previous version of BIS Act 1986 by establishing the National Standards Body of India as the primary institution for Standardisation.
The main objective of BIS Registration is to assess all goods, services and systems under the Standardisation regime and set up conformity laws to govern and certify the quality and interoperability of domestic and foreign goods.
This law greatly enhances the ease of doing business by implementing easier guidelines to adhere to standards and obtain a certificate of conformity. The governing council appointed by Union Government has laid down the rules and procedures to issue the BIS Registration.
BIS has a total of eight central, four regional and three branches of laboratories in the country for the purpose of testing product samples and their reports during the preliminary and surveillance operations.
BIS also takes care of penal provisions to ensure compliance adherence and minimal violation of guidelines.
It is advised for manufacturers to abide by the rules of BIS so as to harness the huge Indian market and the confidence of consumers on certified products.
BIS has mentioned a basic set of documents required to initiate the registration / certification process and the documentation may be as below :
1. PCB layout or product anatomy layout
2. Schematic diagram
3. User manual and ingredient lists
4. Critical components list
5. Details of factory premise and procedures, etc.
The BIS Registration procedure takes approximately 20-30 days including the testing time and the BIS Application processing time to issue BIS Certificate of adherence.
Service Articles1. How Much Space Do You Need For A Ladder?
Author: Derrick Corea
2. 4 Effective Ways To Generate Leads
3. Usability Guidelines And Website Design Standards | Charter Global
Author: Charter Global
4. How Remote Camera Monitoring Can Keep You Safe
Author: Jaeame Koyil
5. Data Feed Optimization
6. Food Supplements – Top Reasons Why Organic Supplements Are Better Choice
Author: Nadire Unugur
7. Top Reasons To Choose Php Programming For Your Business
Author: Jonathan Paul
8. 4 Amazing Benefits Of Hiring Professional House Cleaning Service
Author: Jaeame Koyil
9. Learn How To Protect Your Home From Pests?
Author: sadguru facility
10. 5 Simple Strategies To Reduce Customer Effort For Better Customer Experience
11. What Are Different Reasons For Hiring An Experienced Driveway Gate Installation Company?
Author: Katherine Branson
12. Get Professional Home Cleaning Services In Calgary And Ottawa At Reasonable Rates
Author: Cozy Home Maid
13. High Quality Of 3d Architectural Walkthrough Services
Author: Panash Designs
14. 7 Benefits Of Hiring Taxi To Gatwick Airport
Author: Smith Jackson
15. Rapid Prototyping Plays Important Role In Medical Device Designs