ALL >> Service >> View Article
What Is Bis Registration?
Although the current scope of Standardisation is quite broadened as compared to older times when public standards comprised of most units of measurements of currency, time and quality of basic goods.
ISO, International Organisation for Standardisation based out of Geneva, Switzerland is the sole global authority with around 164 countries as its members. It was established in order to push quality global goods standards required to trade and consume with the assurance of public safety and quality.
Likewise, in India, the authority for Standardisation resides with BIS which stands for the Bureau of Indian Standards. In order to maintain the quality and technical sustainability, BIS also represents India in the International forums like the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and the World Standards Service Network (WSSN).
BIS - under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Union Government - supervises and administers the entire procedure of Standardisation as per the latest amendment in the Bureau of Indian Standards Act in 2016. This act repeals the previous version of BIS Act 1986 by establishing the National Standards Body of India as the primary institution for Standardisation.
The main objective of BIS Registration is to assess all goods, services and systems under the Standardisation regime and set up conformity laws to govern and certify the quality and interoperability of domestic and foreign goods.
This law greatly enhances the ease of doing business by implementing easier guidelines to adhere to standards and obtain a certificate of conformity. The governing council appointed by Union Government has laid down the rules and procedures to issue the BIS Registration.
BIS has a total of eight central, four regional and three branches of laboratories in the country for the purpose of testing product samples and their reports during the preliminary and surveillance operations.
BIS also takes care of penal provisions to ensure compliance adherence and minimal violation of guidelines.
It is advised for manufacturers to abide by the rules of BIS so as to harness the huge Indian market and the confidence of consumers on certified products.
BIS has mentioned a basic set of documents required to initiate the registration / certification process and the documentation may be as below :
1. PCB layout or product anatomy layout
2. Schematic diagram
3. User manual and ingredient lists
4. Critical components list
5. Details of factory premise and procedures, etc.
The BIS Registration procedure takes approximately 20-30 days including the testing time and the BIS Application processing time to issue BIS Certificate of adherence.
Service Articles1. Living In Trancoso – Buying A Villas In Bahia
2. Searching For Dependable And New Generation Waste Water/oil Transfer Pumps?
Author: Roto Pumps
3. Iso 50001 – Global Solutions For Energy Management
Author: Shaun White
4. Industrial Evaporator Manufacturer & Supplier
Author: Industrial Evaporator is required for changing liq
5. A2p Messaging Providers
6. 7 Tips You Need To Consider When Choosing A Mold Remediation Company
Author: ServiceMaster of Cobb
7. Reupholstery, How Can It Benefit You?
8. Lockdown Declared! Work Remotely While Maintaining Growth With Asterisk Solutions
Author: Sandip Patel
9. Amazon Shuts Down The Non-essential Product’s Fba Service During Covid-19
Author: Evantage Store
10. Famous, Best And Top Indian Astrologer In New York – Astro Bhairav Ji
Author: Famous, Best and Top Indian Astrologer in New York
11. How To Maintain Your Ro For The Best Performance?
Author: Michael Chuk
12. Manufacturers Of Liquid Jet Ejectors In India
Author: Crystal TCS
13. Major Reasons To Purchase Instagram Followers And Likes
14. Mywifiext Login
Author: John Miller
15. Why Approach Property Management Companies?
Author: Ekirk Patrick