ALL >> Business >> View Article
Do’s And Don’ts Of Titanium Fasteners
Do Use for Saltwater & Chloride Resistance
One of the most important uses of titanium screws is in saltwater environments. Naval as well as industries like desalination & offshore oil rely on titanium for their incomparable resistance to saltwater. Titanium fasteners are resistant to both rapid moving & stagnant seawater up to a mile deep – even at temperatures of up to 500°F.
Like seawater, titanium screws are also almost inert to all chloride & chlorine solutions. This is due to titanium’s ability to quickly regenerate its defensive passive layer in the presence of oxygen. Titanium fasteners are also resistant to:
• Hypochlorite (Bleach)
• Chlorine dioxide
Do Use for Strength & Lightness
Titanium grade offers industry impressive strength: 148 ksi UTS & 138 ksi yield. What
makes titanium’s strength truly unique is that it is also extraordinarily light. Grade 5
fasteners are 4 times stronger than 316 stainless steel at nearly half the weight. (Grade 2 titanium is approximately ...
... 2 times stronger.) This unparalleled strength-to-weight ratio makes titanium ideal for medical, aerospace, & military applications.
Don’t Use in Acids
Titanium fasteners offer outstanding corrosion resistance to salt water & chlorides but NOT strong acids. When exposed to acids like sulfuric (H2SO4), hydrochloric (HCl), their protecting passive layer is attacked & can rapidly corrode in the right concentrations & temperatures.
Don’t Use in Dry Chlorine
Though titanium screws are ideal for almost all chloride & chlorine applications they cannot be used in the absence of water. Dry chlorine & chlorine gases will make them quickly corrode & even ignite. Typically 1% moisture (at room temperature) & 1.5% (at high temperature) is sufficient for titanium to regenerate its passive layer & remain resistant.
Business Articles1. Best Property Preservation Updating Services In Alabama
Author: RPR Services
2. Expansion Of Photoresist & Photoresist Ancillaries Market Will Remain Close To Being Stagnant Through 2025
Author: Jack Martin
3. 6 Easy Ways To Protect Your Home From Burglaries
Author: AYS System
4. Difc Investment Crowdfunding Business License - 10 Leaves
5. How To Find The Most Profitable On-demand Business With Uber Clone App
Author: Maria Smith
6. How Does The Uber Clone App Work? How Do I Choose The Best Uber Clone Script?
Author: Uber clone scipt
7. How To Obtain Fssc 22000 Certification In 5 Simple Steps
8. Best Playschool Franchise - iris florets
9. 2507 Super Duplex Round Bars
Author: chhajed alloys
10. Why Do Businesses Opt For Commercial Housekeeping Services?
Author: Tuskers India
11. Benefits Of Outsourcing Housekeeping Services
Author: Tuskers India
12. Specific Details Regarding Frp Pipes
Author: D CHEL OIL AND GAS
13. Why Are On-demand Home Services Apps The Next Big Thing In The Business World?
Author: Lilac Homier
14. Same Day Payday Loans For Cash Advance For Your Convenience
Author: Amy Jones
15. Specific Details Regarding Forged Circles And Forged Rings
Author: kanak metal & alloys