ALL >> Health >> View Article
Difference Between Medical Eye Checkup And A Regular One
Before you take the call regarding whether you should opt for medical eye checkup or a routine one, talk to your optometrist first. Tell him about the symptoms that you are experiencing.
Many of us often get confused between a medical eye check and a routine one. When we think of eye checkup, the first thought that comes in our mind is that the eye doctor will ask us tow ear glasses. We don’t usually think of it as a medical exam. If too many medical terms are thrown at you like eye screening test, routine vision exam, comprehensive eye exam and so on, you might get confused more.
And this is quite natural. Hence, we thought of discussing about the difference between a routine eye checkup and a medical eye exam.
What is a medical eye exam?
Although, eye is a small organ compared to the rest of the organs in our boy, it is quite amazing and complex too. The eye is the window through which we can see the world. And if this organ gets defunct our vision will be affected severely. In other words we will become blind. Ailments like high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and tumors can have an adverse effect on our eye. They can affect the clarity if vision.
In addition to this, the eye can develop its own infections and problems like
macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataract and so on. All these are medical issues. When a comprehensive medical eye checkup is done, all these things are taken into consideration. The checkup helps to determine the condition of your eye and whether you are suffering from any Diabetic eye disease ailment or not and whether you need any multifocal lens implants.
What is a routine eye exam?
A routine eye exam is very similar to the idea that you have in mind when you think of eye checkup. The optometrist will conduct the check up to find out whether your vision is normal or not. If your have got plus power it means your near vision is affected and if the power is minus it means your distance vision is affected. At times you might require a reading glass in order to read better.
Will Insurance Pay For This?
Whether your insurance policy covers the eye check up or not depends on the type of medical health insurance plan that you have opted for. If the eye is covered under it, you will get the insurance easily. All that you need to do is fill up the insurance form, submit it along with the relevant documents so that you can claim the insurance. In case, your insurance policy does not cover it, you will have to bear the expense from your pocket.
Before you take the call regarding whether you should opt for medical eye checkup or a routine one, talk to your optometrist first. Tell him about the symptoms that you are experiencing so that he can do a thorough checkup of your eye before recommending any kind of further treatment. In case of any queries feel free to comment in the comments section. You can drop a mail or call our toll free number as well.
About the Author:-
Refer to: http://www.alexanderkatzmd.com/ to know more about Diabetic eye disease, Routine Eye exam, multifocal lens implants
Health Articles1. Is Surgery The Only Last Resort For Tennis Elbow? – Opt For Regenerative Treatment
Author: Medica Stem Cells
2. Never Be Worried About Foot & Ankle Injuries
Author: Dr. Arunava Lala
3. Are You Losing Your Motivation After Lockdown To Begin Your Workout To Maintain Your Fitness? Here I
4. Tooth Implants – Important Instructions To Follow Before & After Surgery
Author: Paulo pinho
5. Here’s How Dental Implants Give You The Prettiest Smile
Author: Paulo pinho
6. 7 Types Of Wheelchair Ramps And Their Uses
7. Are You Worried About Your Mental Health? Tms Therapy Can Help
Author: Jason pace
8. How Does Depression Affect The Quality Of Life And What Can You Do?
Author: Jason pace
9. Essential Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers
Author: Ibhar Hugoz
10. Enjoy Significant Health Advantages With The Ketogenic Diet
11. Artvigil Pills For Narcolepsy- Buy Artvigil Online Without Prescription To Treat Sleep Apnea
12. What Are The Most Common Orthopedic Issues & Treatment For It?
Author: Dinesh Kumar
13. 7 Things You Can Do To Improve The Health And Wellness Of Your Parents
14. Setting Up A Home Gym: What To Invest In First
15. What Is The Right Dosage Of Gabapentin For Neuropathic Pain Relief? Gabapentin 300mg Pills