ALL >> General >> View Article
Business Owners Forgo Holiday Shopping Crowds To Learn How To Starve Internet Trolls
(1888 PressRelease) Sumner Davenport recently presented to over 100 small business owners and website designers on how to mitigate the risk of a lawsuit by remediating the problems on their current websites.
Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA - Internet “trolls” appear to be targeting small business websites, and filing lawsuits against companies whose websites are not accessible to a person with a disability. Davenport welcomes the attention to the disabled’s difficulties but deplores the behavior of the “trolls” who seem to be interested in their own personal gain. On the other hand, business owners and web designers were eager for solutions to correct their sites.
Sumner Davenport, a Specialist in Web Accessibility, presented facts and specific solutions on how to develop or remediate a website to make it accessible. She referred to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG ) as the standards to follow and better understand the value of an Accessible website. Davenport would not speak on ADA Compliance, citing that ADA is a law, and she is not a lawyer, therefore she will not determine if any of the attendees ...
... sites were compliant with any law. She did direct the attendees to information they could show their attorney so it can be explained to them properly.
She did say: “The bottom line is that a website that is accessible to all persons, including those with disabilities, is a must if you are to avoid making it vulnerable to these Internet “trolls”. Creating or remediating a non-compliant website can be accomplished by taking certain steps.”
Davenport regularly speaks to businesses about the value of an Accessible website. She also presents at small business events and at web designer education events. She consults with other designers to make their clients’ websites better, and she teaches and trains do-it-yourselfers with hands-on workshops on Accessibility. She can be reached through her website at: https://sumnerdavenport.com
Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG ) are a series of guidelines for improving web accessibility. Produced by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). More can be learned about WCAG at: https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/
General Articles1. Fruit Dryer Dries Out The Fruit From Inside And Out!
Author: DYNAMIC DRYERS INTERNATIONAL
2. Everything You Must Learn About The World Class Leather Backpack For Men
3. Digital Promoting Tips By Best Digital Marketing Company In Bangalore Imsolutions
4. Everything You Must Learn About The World-class Jim Corbett National Park Safari Packages
5. Why Should Someone Try The Top Benefits And Advantages Of The Nft Application Development Services?
Author: Codes For Tomorrow
6. A Guide To Choose The Best Uv Fused Quartz Cuvettes
Author: Alpha Nanotech
7. What Are Uv Fused Quartz Cuvettes?
Author: Alpha Nanotech
8. 3 Reasons To Choose A Prosthodontist
Author: Vincent Mariano
9. Pick A Wallpaper Pattern Or Style That You Like
10. Get The Best Quality Travel Agents Email List From Infoglobaldata
Author: Shawn Leane
11. Structural Health Monitoring Market Growth, Development And Demand Forecast Report 2030
12. Avocado Good Health Advantages For Men's Wellbeing
13. Payroll Services
14. Why Pacific World School Is The Better Choice Than Any Other Schools In Noida?
Author: Rohit Kumar
15. The Difference Between Signature Home Design And Comfort Home Design
Author: Sarah Verheyen