ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Everest Base Camp Trek — A General Overview
Everest Base Camp Trek is an iconic trek that is on the wish list of many trekkers. Besides witnessing the grandeur of the highest mountain peak in the world, the Mount Everest, the trekkers from around the world consider it their Mecca for another reason--the same trek has also been taken up by the pioneers such as Sir Edmund Hillary, Tenzing Norgay and several others.
The trek is also popular with other names such as EBC Trek, Everest High Passes Trek and three passes trek.
Everest Base Camp Trek—what to expect?
If you are willing to take up the iconic trek, here’s what you will experience firsthand and what you must expect:
1. The trek passes through the Khumbu Valley and lets the trekkers have a breathtaking view of the Sagarmatha National Park that surrounds the area.
2. As opposed to the popular opinion, the Everest Base Camp Trek is not just about the grandeur and magnificence of Mount Everest. There are several other mountain peaks in the Khumbu region that are more than 8000 meter high and contribute to the opulence of the trek. These include Mt. Makalu, Mt.Lhotse and Cho Oyu.
3. The EBC Trek is also known as the Teahouse Trek. As a part of the trek, you will get several chances to stay in teahouses that are located on some of the highest villages of the world and closely explore the culture and lifestyle of the Sherpas.
4. While the complete trek is mesmerizing from the beginning to the end, you will get some of the best views of the magnificent Mount Everest from Kala Patthar at an altitude of 5500 meters.
5. Apart from the warm teahouses and magnificent views, another thing you can expect to explore is the number of Buddhist Monasteries that dot the complete trail. Learn about the culture, tradition and history of the place and how the mountains form a spiritual element of the life of people living there.
Everest Base Camp Trek—Quick Statistics
• Duration of the trek: 14 to 18 days
• Difficulty level: Moderate to difficult
• Starting elevation: 2800 meters or 9200 feet at Lukla
• Highst elevation: 5364 meters or 17,598 feet at Everest Base Camp
• Type of accommodation: Teahouses
• Best Time for Trek: October to December (early) and March and April
• Starting point: Lukla (can be reached from Kathmandu via 35 minutes flight)
Everest Base Camp Trek--Side Trips
If the Everest Base Camp Trek doesn’t give you enough adventure, there are a few side trips as well that might do enough justice to your adrenaline rush. All of these vary from being moderate to challenging to very challenging.
Gokyo Valley and Gokyo Ri
This one is worth taking all the pains. The pristine, turquoise Gokyo Ri Trek, small clustered villages and the Gokyo Valley are all the views that you will remember for a lifetime. This side trip is actually an alternate return trip from the main trek.
This moderate to challenging trek is for the experienced lot! One can enjoy the peace of the Chhukhung Valley and get close views of the splendid peaks like Lhotse, Ama Dablam and Nuptse besides the very obvious—Everest!
Three Passes Trek
One of the most challenging trek, it is named the Everest High passes trek since one has to pass the three treks-Kongma La, Cho La and Renjo La.
As opposed to the general opinion, the Everest Base Camp Trek is not a very challenging trek and does not require any special skills or prior experience.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. Visit The Highest Mountains And Exciting Places In Trekking
2. Everest Base Camp – Brings Breathtaking Mountain View
3. The Best Northeast India Tourist Places
Author: Arpit Jain
4. Delta Airlines Flights | Grab Best Deals On Delta Flights
Author: chris ray
5. American Airlines Flights | Aa Official Site 1(845)250-2114
Author: chris ray
6. San Francisco Party Buses Are Just One Reservation Away
Author: Cheap Party Bus DC
7. 5 Camping Tips To Make Your Trip More Enjoyable
8. Malaysia Tourist Places
Author: Rocking Trips
9. Stay At The Serengeti Safari Camp And Witness A Great Traveling Life!
Author: Leo Pineda
10. Taxi Service In Bangalore | Best Taxi Service In Bangalore
11. Best Luxury Car Rental Jaipur
Author: Virendra Singh
12. Reasons To Have Car Rental
13. The Adventurous Places In Jordan To Visit
Author: GO JORDAN TRAVEL & TOURISM
14. Tips To Keep In Mind When Looking For A Car Hire In Barbados
Author: Richard Husbands
15. Villa Perfecta – A Ultimate Vacation Experience Awaits You In Manuel Antonio
Author: Don Segal