ALL >> Health >> View Article
Biogenum Receives $1 Million Grant To Enhance Psychosocial Research For Dementia Care
(1888 PressRelease) The grant marks the first time the company receives direct funding as principal investigator in a research study.
Biogenum (ISIN: KR7013369996), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering immuno-neurology, a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of neurodegeneration, is pleased to announce that it has received a $1 million dollar grant from a consortium of investors, to strengthen the current framework for psychosocial research by examining care for people living with dementia and their care partners.
The five-year project, named Improving Care and Treatment for Persons Living with Alzheimer’s and Dementia (LINC-AD), is aimed at broadening scientific interest and involvement in psychosocial dementia care studies, while strengthening the research framework that guides these investigations.
“Biogenum is committed to improving care and support for people living with Alzheimer’s and all other types of dementia, as well as their care partners. This research will develop a framework that defines evidence-based measures and encourages utilizing them more consistently to ...
... accelerate knowledge, understanding and application of care strategies that improve the quality of life,” said Jack Chin Hoo, Ph.D., Principal Investigator of the study and Senior Director of Quality care and Psychosocial research at Biogenum. “This is an important area of development and our institution welcomes the opportunity to elevate the current state of psychosocial research focused on examining dementia care.”
Working with leading dementia care researchers and care support experts, will address the following matters:
• Examine current measures being used in dementia care research.
• Promote the development of new evidence-based measures and tools to bridge existing gaps in research.
• Work to facilitate wider dissemination, adoption and implementation of these measures and care tools in future dementia care research.
• Expand on current measures that often focus only on decline and impairment, to be more comprehensive, including positive measures such as quality of life, resilience and self-efficacy.
“The study offers a unique opportunity to usher in a new direction for psychosocial research, examining the care of people living with dementia and their caregivers,” said Choi Jun-seok, Chairman and CEO of Biogenum. “While it’s important to study decline and impairment associated with Alzheimer’s and other dementias, it’s vital that we also work to advance new strategies and interventions that can improve the quality of life throughout the disease continuum for both individuals with dementia and their caregivers.”
Biogenum is a privately held biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of therapies for patients with neurodegenerative disease, including Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, ALS and others. The quality, simplicity and sensitivity of its products brings precision medicine within reach. Composed of proprietary chemistry and software, Biogenum delivers powerful answers using broadly installed instrument platforms. The company’s leadership team has decades of experience in drug discovery, translational strategy, corporate development and commercialization. Collectively, we have been instrumental in researching more than 10 drugs to be delivered in the market.
Health Articles1. Harmony Pro Xl Laser: The Best Solution For All Of Your Aesthetic Needs
Author: Priya Shah
2. Laboratory Information Management System (lims) Market Is Set To Be Driven By The Technological Advancements In Lims Offerings
3. Snus Online Kaufen Und Tipps Zur Auswahl Des Richtigen Produkts
4. Nephrologist In Vijayawada
Author: Dr. Anvesh Golla
5. 7 Types And Nutritional Value Of Black Fruit
6. The Glycemic Index Of Wheat
7. Global Cell Dissociation Market Analysis, Trends, Business Opportunities And Forecast To 2021 – 2026
8. In Vivo Toxicology Market Opportunities, Business Forecast To 2025
9. Sepsis Diagnostics Market Valued At ~$510 Million In 2021 And Is Anticipated To Grow At A Healthy Cagr Of 9% By 2026
10. Hospitals In Delhi | Mangalam Hospital
Author: Mangalam Hospitals
11. Laboratory Information Management System Market Opportunities, Business Forecast To 2026
12. 10 Health Benefits And Nutritional Value Of Green Millet
Author: thomas brown
14. Neurologist In Battle Creek | Holistic Comprehensive Brain Health Care
Author: Behavioral Healthcare
15. Lungs Detox Diet Plan