ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Best Touring And Adventure Ideas For Nepal Visitors - Muktinath Temple And Trek
Muktinath Temple holds a great significance for both the Hindus and Buddhists alike. Hundreds of pilgrims visit this ancient and very significant Temple complex each year. However, if you think Muktinath is just a holy destination for the religious communities, then you are entirely wrong.
Muktinath Temple complex is located in the Mustang Valley of the Annapurna ranges and has a spectacular panorama as the backdrop that one certainly should experience once in their lifetime. Unknown to most, Muktinath can be a great adventure trip for trekking enthusiasts and people who love to trek to high altitudes and enjoy colder climates.
Some of the best things one can do during their trek through Muktinath include -
1. Visit the Dhumba Lake at the base of Mt Nilgiri. At the height of 2800 meters from sea level located beside the River Kali Gandaki Gorge, is this beautiful lake that showcases the best of the ecological diversities of Nepal.
2. Explore the Thakali Culture of the Himalayas. Indigenous to this part of the Himalayas, this local tribe of Thakali is believed to be at least a few thousand years old. Their unique culture and lifestyle, and the minimalist approach are one of the surprising elements every city dwellers should learn from.
3. Take a splurge at the chilling water of Rupse falls. Located at Dana which lies along the Beni Jomson Highway is a beautiful cascading waterfall that is believed to be one of the most beautiful waterfalls of Nepal. AT an elevation of 300 meters, this waterfall draws over 100 thousand travelers each yr.
4. Gomba Samba Monastery is one of those Tibetan monasteries that is located near the Muktinath temple that is a beautiful remnant of the ancient Buddist Culture.
5. Pick a few Shaligrams from River Kali Gandaki if you are lucky enough. These naturally occurring ammonites on the River Gandaki bank basin are believed to be holy and are often taken by the pilgrims to worship at home.
6. Sree Murthy mahatma is an important pilgrim site located near the Muktinath temple.
7. Mukti Kunda and Mukti Dhara are two holy spots located in the Muktinath temple complex. The northern entrance has two sacred ponds or Kundas known as Lakshmi Saraswati Kunda, where pilgrims often take a dip with the belief that their sins will wash away.
8. The southern face of the Muktinath Temple has 108 bull head-shaped water sprouts or Muktidharas that are supplied by the River Gandaki. Showering under all the 108 water sprouts is believed to give salvation or Mukti to the soul of the bather.
9. Jwala ma Temple is a freakshow of nature that holds grave importance to the Hindu religion. The ever-burning flame of the temple is believed to hold great significance according to the ancient mythological documents of the Hindus.
10. Make sure to drop by at the Mharme Lha Khang Gompa. It is a Buddist monastery dedicated to Guru Rimpoche or Padmasambhava, one of the significant monks of the ancient Buddsim period, who is believed to have received enlightenment at the Muktinath temple.
11. Mustang Eco Museum in Kagbeni, Mustang, is one of the few places in this Himalayan region that has some of the best-preserved historical pieces of evidence of the heritage and culture of the indigenous people who call this part of the world their home for thousands of years.
12. Leopard cave is one of the 1000 human-made caves that were discovered a few decades back at the Thini Village of Jomson. This enclosed cave system lies vertically downwards and is one of the UNESCO heritage site remnants that draw numerous tourists every year.
and its adjoining areas are believed to be the home of numerous such small yet essential and significant spots, which are worth visiting and exploring.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. How To Enjoy Scuba Diving In Gozo
Author: Marcellino Micallef
2. Ramzan First 15 Days Umrah Packages From The Uk
Author: Eric Wilson
3. Go To Your Event On Time And In Style, With Party Bus Rental Phoenix
Author: Go to Your Event on Time and in Style, With Party
4. Family Resort Around Bangalore
5. Cheap Holidays To Dubai Allow You To Visit Al Seef
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
6. Going To Staying In Beach Hotels? Focus On These Points
Author: Mala Boutique Inn
7. Italian Classic Vacations
8. Try These 4 Hacks And You Would Be Able To Save On Airline Deals
Author: Blake Fleetwood
9. Nairobi Excursions Tours – Serving Your Every Need Of Vacation
10. Premium Resorts In Munnar
11. Luxury Resorts In Athirappilly
12. Best Accommodation In Wayanad
13. Family Stay In Munnar
14. Indian Jewish Tours
15. Houseboats In Alleppey