ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Get Rid Of Molds From Your Carpet
In any house or even in office, you will find the presence of mold in areas that are dusty, damp with lack of proper ventilation. Wherever there is presence of moisture, you will find molds there. As such they are quiet common in carpets, as they tend to lock in moisture. Today, we are going to discuss ways on how to get rid of the mold from the carpet.
Make sure that the room where the carpet is placed is well ventilated. To prevent the mold from growing and spreading you have to ensure that the room is dry and free of moisture. When the room is well ventilated moisture does not exist, as such molds will fail to grow.
If your carpet already has molds in it then use a stiff brush to remove the visible mold as much as you can. Collect the mold in a bag and discard it. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the mold. But make sure that the vacuum cleaner has a HEPA filter. Don’t forget to clean the vacuum cleaner thoroughly after the use; otherwise the mold will spread to other parts of the room.
Scrub the area where you find the molds with a cleaner. It is not necessary that you have to use bleach in order to get rid of the molds. Once cleaned let the carpet dry properly.
Why don’t you apply an anti-fungal coating? They are available in spray bottles that are easy to use. Just spay the solution over the carpet. They help to slow down the formation of molds in the carpet. These spray cans are easily available in hardware stores.
Steam cleaning is a good option. Research shows that the heat generated through steam is extremely efficient in cleaning the mold and uprooting them completely. If you do not have the equipments to carry out steam cleaning, we suggest that you hire a professional for the mold removal Gold Coast.
Make a mixture of vinegar and baking soda. Apply it over the areas where the mold is present. Vinegar will help to get rid of the musty smell while the baking soda will kill the mold.
Ideally, when you find the presence of molds in your carpet, you should get rid of the old one and buy a new carpet. However, in case you cannot do that, you should try out the tips mentioned above. But let us tell you one thing right at the beginning, inspite of following the tips, there are chances that the mold will reappear. Hence make sure that the room is well ventilated. Why don’t you opt for professional carpet cleaners? Opt for mold removal Gold Coast carpet cleaning at least twice every year. This will keep the mold growth in check and the musty smell will also vanish. Why don’t you try out the tips today? Don’t forget to share your experience with us. We would love to hear about them.
About the Author: This contribution has been made by Elvin Dao who has written a number of articles on Mold Removal Gold Coast and provides fruitful information.
Home and Garden Articles1. Why Hire The Pros For Your Junk Removal
2. How The World Inspires Every Inch In A Space: The Lesser Known Secrets Of Architectural Inspiration
Author: Ramesh Sharma
3. House Clearance Company For You
Author: Mar Tom
4. How To Clean The Tile And Remove The Grout At Home?
Author: Elvin Dao
5. Why It Is Essential To Hire A Service Provider Who Offers End-to-end Solution For Roof Replacement
Author: Nate Kyngdon
6. What Are The Key Factors That Should Be Considered For Urban Planning?
Author: Adam Leworthy
7. Three Benefits Of Getting Guttering And Roof Replacement Done At Once
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Should You Get Your Fence Repaired Or Replaced
Author: Michael Gilmore
9. Things To Consider When You Hire An Architect
Author: Garry Stacks
10. How To Have A Fantastic Carpet Cleaning With Minimal Spending
Author: Jamie Fison
11. Advantages Of Installing Security Shutters
Author: Lincoln Gawler
12. Why It Is Essential To Upgrade Our Security Systems Constantly
Author: Owen Summerville
13. Tips To Consider When Bathroom Renovation Is Underway
Author: Hugo Swayne
14. Why Safety Screens Stainless Steel Mesh Is Perfect For The Harsh Uae Environment
15. What Plants Work Best For Your Miniature Garden
Author: Patrica Crewe