ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Add Or Delete Applications On Sony Android Tv
Sony is one of the most popular and trusted brands in the world of electronic devices. It provides many smart features to its users like picture quality, display resolution and also the screen size. It also provides Android functionality on its TV. It allows you to add or remove any of the apps. It offers various built-in applications for the users to avail of its services.
1. Adding or Removing Applications
Installing or uninstalling one or many applications becomes very easy if you used such devices earlier and know the appropriate steps.
In case you are using a Sony TV and you wish to add or remove any of the applications, you may do so by a sequence of particular steps.
As your Sony TV is based on Android function and it works similarly as your Android device works.
Follow these instructions to know about how to delete or add applications on your Sony Android TV through various steps:
2. Downloading Applications from Play Store
First of all, follow these guidelines to proceed further:
1. Make sure you have a strong internet connection.
2. Whether your Sony TV ...
... supports Android OS or not.
3. You should have an active account associated with Google.
After checking these steps, you can download various fresh applications on your Sony TV in the following ways:
1. First of all, tap the “Home” tab located on your Sony TV’s dedicated remote control.
2. Then, navigate to the Apps section.
3. After that, choose “Google Play Store” from the apps drawer.
4. Next, you can search your desired app through the dedicated search bar to start searching the app you wish to download. You may also use voice searching for this.
5. Here, the “Google Play Store” will only show the apps that compatible with your device.
6. After entering the search keyword, a list will open with various similar applications. Then, hit one of them you wish to download.
7. Finally, tap the “Install” tab.
8. After tapping the install tab, your TV will begin its downloading process.
9. Wait for a bit until the app finishes to download.
10. Then go to the Home application to get your desired app which you have downloaded.
3. Uninstalling apps on Sony Smart TV
Youmay remove, hide or uninstall any of your apps located on the smart TV.
To remove your desired application, follow these steps:
1. First of all, hit the apps menu and navigate to your desired application you wish to delete or hide.
2. Now, first press and then hold the enter tab located on your smart remote to select the desired app.
3. After a while two options will appear on your TV, saying “Hide app”, or “Uninstall app”.
4. You can choose any of them as your selection.
4. Deleting apps through Play Store
1. Tap the Home button of your remote control first.
2. Then hit the apps section.
3. Now, you have to hit the “Google Play Store” by navigating it through the apps section.
4. Then launch the Google Play and locate the “My Apps” tab.
5. After that, select the application you wish to uninstall.
6. Next, hit the “Uninstall” tab here.
7. Finally, tap on the “OK” button.
You can’t delete any pre-installed or built-in apps on your TV. You can only hide the Featured application as you wish.
To hide a featured application, follow these steps:
1. First of all, tap the “Settings”. It is located on your Sony TV.
2. Then go to the “Apps” section.
3. After that, navigate to the “System Apps”.
4. Next, located the “Sony Shelf” app and hit it.
5. Then, go to the notifications tab.
6. Finally, turn the featured apps section to off.
7. Now, all your featured apps will no longer appear on your TV screen.
Ellen Cooper is a technology enthusiast who loves writing about new advancements and IT threats on a regular basis. Her work focuses on the latest advancements in the realm of technology, social media, and cyber security at norton.com/setup.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs. https://askmeyp.com/ | https://m4activate.co.uk/ | https://n4setup.co.uk/
Computers Articles1. Choosing The Right Printer Repair Company: A Comprehensive Guide
Author: Vivek Singh
2. Improving Defences Proxy Device(defense In Depth)
3. Yetishare File Hosting Script: Simplify Your File Hosting Needs
Author: Adam Wilson
4. What Google’s New Ai Search Engine Mean For Seo And Paid Ads
Author: Mitesh patel
5. How To Avoid Spam Emails In Sbcglobal Email - A Complete Guide
Author: Twinkle Chandan
6. Security In Cloud Computing Environment Using Cryptography - Rushabh Modi
Author: Wise Monkeys
7. A-b-c Of Networking: Part-2 (components)
8. How To Maximize Product Sales With Uae Mobile Database
9. A-b-c Of Networking: Part-1 (basics)
Author: Wise monkeys
10. Highly Recommended Ruby On Rails Development Company - Jetruby
11. Having An Computer Issue ? Call Expert Geeks
12. 5 Tips To Home Appliance Repair
Author: Vivek Singh
13. The Impact Of Blockchain Technology On The Development Of Sports Betting Software
14. Optaplanner Software Development: Top Business Use Cases
Author: Anirudh Bhardwaj
15. Why Do Entrepreneurs Like To Start The Binance-like Crypto Exchange Platform?