ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Top 6 Tips For Loft Conversion In Conservation Areas
There are many effects of conservation area designation. It is the means of protecting and recognizing all the special appearance of the historic conservation. Conservative areas were introduced in the 1960’s. The idea of designating conservation area is managed on 1990 which was handled by local authorities. The main purposes of the local authorities are to protect and enhance special architecture and historic interest and minimize the loss of the existing built and natural environment. The area can be loft and changed in many forms like boundary designated, styles, landscape and forms of building and houses. Some extra controls applied on conservation areas like:
• Controlled Demolition
• Controlled Trees
• Planning Permission
• Repair and Maintenance
Loft conversion work increase the property value and adds extra space to the room or any areas in the house. You can easily create new bathroom, bedroom and home office for all the house owners. In relation with loft conversion, can easily increase the roofline and alters dormer loft conversion. If you fail to retain the permission then it can result you in fine and extreme cases. In conservation areas, you can do the rear dormer and hip to gable conversions and finalize the planning permission governing the location. Permission is rarely needed for velux and mansard conversions.There are many loft conversion company bansteadavailable for amazing loft work.
Here are the important permitted developments in the conservative areas:
In the conservative areas, can easily apply for planning permission before doing cladding work from outside the house like timber, plastic, tiles, and artificial stone
If you are living in the conservative areas, you will need to apply for planning permission for extension work. It can be single storey extension or any other.
If you are living in conservation area, you don’t need the planning permission for solar panels. A solar panel can be mounted on the wall not on the roof facing outside. In this area, you can also pop panels on your roof as per the limitation.
It comes under the Article 4 direction replacing the development rights. You can replace the existing windows with the new windows and doors with a similar appearance. The conservation rules are same in the non-designated area.
Conservation house owners have complete permitted development rights similar to regular home owners. The regular permitted development rights prohibit the outbuilding work to the front property like boundaries.
Article 4 Direction
Article 4 direction is invoked by the planning authority government body that prohibit small alterations which is allowed under permitted development rights in the conservation area. This legislation prohibits some types of development specific to streets and specific houses. It deals with new colors on doors, change in garden. The article 4 direction is only applied to houses. It is specific to conservative areas and can be applied outside it. But in the conservative areas, can be applied immediately without any need of consultation. It can be done by any loft conversion company purley with the permission of planning authority.
There are three types of direction since 1995:
• Article 4 direction applied under the article 2 for affecting conservation areas. The aim of this legislation is to encourage high quality architectural features and appearance of built heritage.
• Article 4 direction applied under the article 1 for affecting listed buildings.
• Article 4 direction applied under the article 1 for affecting other land area.
I am a blogger and SEO expert in all the local projects covering the various industries be it removals and storage, car maintenance, air conditioning, scrap metals, roofers, driveways and many more.
Home and Garden Articles1. How Plantation Shutters Enhance Your Home Decor
Author: Pooja Singh
2. Suggested Plants For Small Home Gardens
Author: Gary Martin
3. Gardening In Small Spaces
Author: Anthea Johnson
4. Buying Laminate Flooring In Dublin - From Branded Products Or Local Manufactures
Author: Dylan Holland
5. Discover The Differences Between Buying Online And From Nearby Retail Stores
Author: Alzbeta Berka
6. Living Room Rugs Ideas Offer A Great Opportunity To Choose Modern Rugs
Author: Alzbeta Berka
7. Tips To Make Your House Beautiful By Using Some Useful Home Decor Ideas
Author: Alzbeta Berka
8. Tips On Getting Your House Organized
Author: Leonard Joshua
9. Household Items To Deep Clean After The Holidays
Author: ServiceMaster of Cobb
10. Top Organizing Tips For Hoarders
Author: ServiceMaster Upstate
11. How To Set Up A Herb Garden In Your Backyard
12. Boucharouite Rug Morocco: Embracing Hand-woven Cultural Materials
13. 10 Small Bathroom Ideas For City Living
Author: Michael Lane
14. Coping With City Living… How To Soundproof Your Home.
Author: Hugo Carter
15. Can You Grow Cactus Indoors?
Author: Planet Desert