ALL >> Health >> View Article
Are Ovarian Cysts Dangerous?
Ovaries, one of the most important organs in the female reproductive system, generate the eggs that the sperm must inseminate for the women to get pregnant with a child. Ovaries are also responsible for producing the oestrogen and progesterone hormones. When your ovaries are functioning appropriately, you need not worry much about them. But, sometimes these ovaries might cause problem that will seek most of your attention.
Out of these issues, ovarian cysts are the most prominent ones. They are the fluid-filled sac that grows in your ovary. These days due to the changing life styles, many women get ovarian cyst at some point in their life. For some, there is usually nothing to worry about, while for some, this might cause serious health problems. Here’s what you must know if you have one.
Is it Dangerous?
Most ovarian cysts are nothing to worry about and they usually do not show any symptoms. Still, if you come across these symptoms – spotting, pain in the pelvic area, or irregular periods, then it is time to check with your Bowral doctors, to make sure if you have an ovarian cyst. Though most cysts are considered to be harmless, they can at times turn to be cancerous, especially among the women in the postmenopausal phase. So, undergo an annual medical check-up at a Bowral medical centre, to make sure that you stay free from any harmful cysts.
Types of Ovarian Cysts
The following are the common type of cysts:
• Dermoids—these cyst foster from the cells that is been present since your birth
• Endometriomas—here, the tissue grows outside of the uterus
• Cystadenomas—these cyst develop from the surface of the ovary and is filled with watery fluid
Symptoms of Ovarian Cysts
If you have any of these following symptoms, head to the Bowral doctors right away, as it might even be the indicators of a ruptured cyst.
• Severe abdominal pain that comes on suddenly
• Continuous vomiting and fever
• Giddiness, Rapid breathing and weakness
Should you worry, if you’re trying to get pregnant?
Though most ovarian cysts do not demote your fertility, there are a few exceptions, especially, if the cyst is pearl-sized. In this situation, the doctors of Bowral street medical practice might diagnose you with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) which is considered to be the leading cause of infertility in women. The Endometriomas cysts might also affect fertility. The best thing to do is to discuss with your Bowral doctors and get your doubts or questions cleared out.
Most cysts are nonthreatening, and do not show up any symptoms. Most probably you would not need any treatment in this case. However, your physician might recommend taking birth control pills, which will minimise the risk of developing new cysts. But, if the doctors sense a risk, they might recommend surgery to take away the cysts.
Walker Street General Practice is a friendly and family-focused general practice located in Bowral in the Southern Highlands, NSW. Our doctors have extensive medical experience and the passion to provide you with the best possible care. Our point of difference, we believe, is our proven ability to provide comprehensive health care with a personable touch. We understand that thoroughness is essential for the provision of quality health care and we strive to meet that with every interaction.
Health Articles1. How To Take Tramadol Medicine And Things You Need To Inform Your Doctor?
Author: Johnny Sins
2. Zopiclone 7.5mg:- An Insomnia Drug And Precautions
3. How To Hire An Orthodontist?
Author: Calvin Carey
4. Understanding The Need Of Dental Insurance For Best Orthodontist In Brooklyn
Author: Dr. David Dayan
5. Buy Vahdam Darjeeling Black Teas Online
Author: Vahdam Tea
6. Important Things To Know About Corporate Office Massages
Author: James Johnson
7. Liposuction Is A Safe Way To Lose Fat!
Author: Jason Faulkner
8. Male Organ Sensitivity Preservation: What It Is And How To Keep It
Author: John Dugan
9. Should You Gift Your Parents The Electric Toothbrush?
Author: Berry Adams
10. Stretch Marks Treatment
Author: Sonali Shinde
11. Diagnostic Tests For Determining Tumescence Dysfunction
Author: John Dugan
12. Glucosamine/ Chondroitin | Anti-inflammatory Education
Author: David Seaman
13. 4 Things To Keep In Mind While Applying For A Home Loan
14. How To Deal With Thyroid?
Author: Rakesh K Srivastava
15. Buy Soma 350 Mg Online – Soma Uses & Side Effects | Carisoprodol 350 Mg
Author: Emily Graham