ALL >> General >> View Article
Reduce Home Garbage By 50% With These Simple Tricks
Use & Throw. The phrase has become synonymous with the modern consumer culture - where everything has limited use Most of us pay no attention to where the things that are thrown away may end up after its brief use. . The reality is that post-consumer ‘waste’, more often than not, ends up in our streets, oceans or in a landfill polluting nearby ecosystems. Though many waste management consultants are striving to formulate plans and policies to save the planet by tackling the waste issue, this effort is not nearly enough.. To save the planet, each one of us has to take responsibility and put in equal effort.
In India, Waste Management Consultants like Saahas Zero Waste is actively taking the initiative to reduce waste sent to landfill, increase recycling rates and to raise awareness on best practices.
Start from Your Home
Dry and wet waste management should be an integral part of our lives. Here are some tips to reduce waste at home.
● Recycle Everything that Can Be Recycled
While segregating waste at home, make sure you keep aside all plastic, paper and electronic waste items that can be recycled like packaging, containers, paper, printer cartridges, batteries, and even light bulbs.
● Reduce Wastage
Buy supplies with short shelf-life in minimal quanties for immediate use only. This way the food won’t expire and you won’t have excess to throw away. Also, buy long-lasting supplies in bulk to reduce packaging material.
● Opt for Environment-friendly Materials
Replace all the plasticware with environmentally-friendly or recycled materials. Every item in our house has an eco-friendly alternative.
● Leftover Food Supplies and Wet Waste
Feed stray dogs with excess food in your home. You may also use your backyard to make compost out of access food, leaves, grass, and other wet waste.
● Avoid Disposable Items
A recent study showed that over 200 million people use disposable cups in the US alone! This is an alarming statistic and immediate measures should be taken to prevent this. We recommend you use steel and ceramic cups which can be reused.
● Donate to Make This World a Better Place
From clothing to furniture, a lot of things in our homes get outdated and what better way to serve the society and environment other than donating it?
General Articles1. A More Impactful Presence Through Web Development In 2020
Author: Mario F. Davis
2. Professional Home Buyers
Author: Professional home buyers
3. How To Sleep In Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Author: karen minton
4. Top Inspirational Women In India
Author: Tanya Sharma
5. How To Find Bfg 9000 In Rage 2
Author: karen minton
6. Industrial Nitrogen Market Research By Type, Application And Manufacturers Till 2023
7. Selenium Technolgy
Author: Ritika Singh
8. Ten Points You Should Try To Remember When Visiting Norway
Author: Anu Sawant
9. Virtual Office In Bangalore
Author: Aman Gupta
10. How To Increase Muscular Strength: A Brief Guide
11. Un-answered Problems With Building Details Modeling (bim) Revealed
Author: Jack Abrams
12. How Netsuite Integration Capabilities Help Your Existing It Investment
Author: Sapna Gupta
13. The Latest Coronavirus Developments For Insurance Attorneys
Author: Devin Herz
14. A Complete Guide On Blockchain Architect Certification Programme
Author: Block chain council
15. How To Fight Back With Trading Loss?
Author: Rahul rai