ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Environmental Sustainability In India
Biodiesel: The best alternative for conventional fuels
Biodiesel is domestically produced, clean-burning, renewable substitute for conventional diesel. It is extracted from various organic sources like vegetable oil, animal oil, fallow and waste cooking oils by the process of transesterification. The “carbon-neutral” property of the biodiesel makes it an effective sustainable alternative to the conventional diesel.
Many studies worldwide have shown that biodiesel outperformed conventional fuels in reducing carbon emissions. Nearly 80% of reduction in greenhouse gases (GHGs) was witnessed by using biodiesel.
Biodiesel is eco-friendly and acts as the best alternative fuel that can fire up the diesel engines. Biodiesel is capable to bio-degrade in lesser time when compared to conventional fuel. Due to the higher costs of conventional fuels, the biodiesel has become an affordable alternative solution. Researches have confirmed that biodiesel exhaust contains fewer toxins and are less hazardous to human health. Additionally, the emissions from biodiesel have decreased the emission levels of hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide that are the major contributors to greenhouse gases of the atmosphere. Hence, biodiesel is the potential alternative to conventional diesel.
HCCB finds innovative ways to incorporate green energy into its production units. To abide by its environmental sustainability initiative, HCCB started using “Biodiesel” for its power backup generators in one of its factories. The successful implementation of this initiative has boosted the efforts undertaken by HCCB for a better environment. HCCB is now gearing up to implement this eco-friendly initiative in all its factories.
HCCB aims to convert all its factory line-up into green units by the end of 2020. To achieve this, HCCB’s factories will be sourcing about 50% of its annual energy requirements from renewable energy sources and do its bit towards achieving environmental sustainability.
Environment Articles1. The Key Highlights Of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadi Kendra Initiative With Nayara Energy.
Author: Nayara Energy
2. Seed Ball Initiative Undertaken By Nayara Energy
Author: Nilesh Mhatre
3. 5 Reasons Landlords Must Require Tenant Background Checks
Author: Abhishek sarswat
4. Significance Of Clothing Manufacturers For Boutique
Author: Malcolm Queen
5. Benefits Galore Of Biogas
Author: Vivan Pathak
6. Essential Tips For Controlling Molds Growth During Rainy Seasons
Author: Vishal Sharma
7. Understand The Best Effective Rising Damp Treatments
Author: Vishal Sharma
8. Environmental Program For Health
9. சென்னையில் இனி தண்ணீர் பிரச்னை இல்லை
10. Study In Ireland
Author: Alamin Hossain
11. Luxurious Office Space For Rent In Nj
Author: Blau & Berg Company
12. Enoch Car Air Purifier With Usb Car Charger 2-port.
Author: Enoch Car Air Purifier with USB Car Charger 2-Port
13. Things You Need To Know About Green Waste Rubbish Removal Service In Brisbane
Author: Bruce C
14. Rubber Processing Chemicals Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
Author: Akash DADHICH
15. Alstasan Silvox: Silver Hydrogen Peroxide Based Eco-friendly Disinfectant