ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
6 Top Things You Must Do When Moving Into A New Home
Check out these 6 must do things before moving-in to save yourself from hassles.
1. Change locks. The first thing you need to do is to change the locks especially on all exterior doors. There is no way to know how many people have keys to the house until you get new locks fitted, make this a priority. This is highly important to secure your family’s safety and to have a peace of mind when you leave the house or when you sleep at night.
2. Inspect electrical lines. Check if all the wirings are working and whether you have enough outlets and light switches for your needs.
It is best to know these issues before moving in so that you can make the necessary fixes and upgrades while the house is empty. Working on electric lines after you have settled in can be a hassle as electricians may need to turn the power on and off several times. They may also need to move furniture or remove part of the ceiling to have access to outlets and wirings.
3. Check for water leakage. Like electrical lines, it is also necessary to inspect water lines and fix them before you move-in. Fixing the pipes and faucets may cause inconvenience to you and your family so it’s best to work on them while the house is empty.
4. Disinfect cabinets. Before placing dishes and kitchen supplies into cabinets make sure that the storages are clean. Cabinets have deep and dark corners which have high potential to harbor germs and bacteria. Ensure cleanliness by disinfecting them with anti-bacterial cleaner or a solution of bleach and water. Wipe all surfaces including the handles to ensure all germs and bacteria are removed.
5. Steam clean the carpets. More than vacuum cleaning, it is important to steam clean carpets to make sure they are 100% clean and fresh. Carpets has become home for dust particles, mites, allergens, and bacteria which are not completely remove by vacuum cleaning. These contaminants may cause health problems such as skin allergy or asthma. You can hire a professional to deeply clean the carpets or rent a steam cleaner to save money.
6. Invest in pest control. Cleaning the cabinets and carpets is not enough to ensure that your new house is safe from pests. There might be unwanted residents such as mice, termites, ants, cockroaches, and many others hiding in dark corners of the house. Not seeing them does not guarantee your home is free from pests. To get rid of them, invest in anti-pest spray or better yet hire a professional pest control service to have an effective pest removal from experts.
Moving into a new home can be a nerve-wracking experience; with planning and forethought it can be exciting and a time of discovery. Enjoy your new home stress free and the way you deserve by applying the tips I’ve shared above.
Isabella Whitmore believes that productivity is the result of commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort. You can find more of her work at https://electrickettlesplus.com/ where you can find helpful information about electric kettles.
Home and Garden Articles1. The Best Modular Kitchen Manufacturer Company In Bangalore
Author: Rohan Kumar
2. How To Find The Right Architect For Your House
Author: gunjan gupta
3. Check Out The Top-notch Company Of Boiler Servicing In Bristol
Author: Mark Cameron Heating & Plumbing
4. New Collection Of Luxury Bathroom Furniture Brand – Mia Italia
Author: Sergio Stone
5. How To Make Your Room Beautiful With Best Interior Design?
Author: Sujith Kumar
6. Small Gardens With Big Personalities
Author: Florence Blum
7. Few Tips On An Effective Move With Your Dog To A New Home
8. Everything You Need To Know About Garage Door Repair
Author: Jose Gordan
9. Finding Kitchen Supplies For Commercial Needs
Author: Rohan Kumar
10. Growing Shrubs For Miniature Gardening
Author: David Bowie
11. Add Substance To Your Decor With Border Tiles For Walls And Floors
Author: Ramesh Sharma
12. Digging Into Desert Gardens
Author: Florence Blum
13. 10 Amazing Cleaning Tips For Every Household
Author: Muhammad Shoaib
14. Best Roof Services | Best Roof Services
Author: kunal shekhar
15. How To Safely Use An Outdoor Heater To Prevent Fire And Burn Hazards?
Author: Outdoor Heaters Australia