ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Applying For Ssdi Benefits?
When applying for SSDI or Social Security Disability Insurance benefits, many people think it will take years to get the benefits they need or that it is impossible to get approved at all.
It is true that 2 out of 3 of SSDI applicants have to apply more than once and some do not get approved. However, you can increase your chances and the speed of your claim approval. Follow the steps properly and you may receive your benefits in about 6 to 9 months.
1. Supply as much medical evidence as possible. Before applying, ensure that you have any and all medical evidence from your physician. The documentation regarding your disability should clearly emphasize how your diagnosis impairs your daily functional capacity. Submit your medical records at the same time that you apply for disability to reduce the evaluation period of your claim.
2. Keep in touch with the Social Security Administration (SSA). Always respond promptly to SSA’s information requests. The SSA representative can tell you if there is anything missing or wrong with your paperwork. Never miss deadlines, because it can lead to claim denial. Remember that SSA representatives have many cases to work on. By keeping in communication with your representative politely, you can make a difference to your case and claim.
3. Be completely honest when applying. Inaccurate info on your application is the surest way to disqualification. If you knowingly lie or misrepresent any information related to your claim, your claim can be denied and you may even face criminal charges.
4. Keep seeing your doctor as advised. Follow your doctor’s recommendations regarding treatment, medications and follow-up visits. Failure to follow your doctor’s directions can lead SSA to deny your claim. The SSA may determine that your medical condition is not as severe as you claim. Whether or not you take the prescribed medications and follow your doctor’s advice can affect how SSA views your impairments and your claim.
5. Hire an attorney to help with your SSDI claim. The law is complex and many people do not get what they deserve because of a lack of adequate knowledge about the law and incomplete paperwork. You may hire lawyers who are qualified and experienced in Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits claims to improve your chances of qualifying for benefits.
If you follow all the above-mentioned steps, your chances of getting what you deserve, from your SSDI claim, will drastically improve.
To consult the best Arizona workers’ compensation attorneys in Phoenix, Arizona, call Arizona Injury Law Group at 602-346-9009. Arizona Injury Law Group PLLC offers workers’ compensation attorneys who help injured workers seek benefits and justice and a voice standing up for you!
Legal Articles1. Arrested During The Holidays: Options For Using Bail Bonds
Author: All out bail bonds
2. 10 Things That You Should Do After You Have Been Involved In A Road Accident
Author: Chris Lucero
3. Delisi Friday – Analyzing Your Marketing Strategies For The Year
Author: Michael Cowen and Delisi Friday
4. The Ins And Outs Of Filing A Workers Compensation Claim
Author: Jassika Rose
5. Top Legal Firms In Delhi
Author: Priyanka Mehta
6. Three Distraction Categories That You Are Likely To Experience When Driving
Author: Chris Lucero
7. How Does A Private Placement Memorandum May Look Like?
8. New Cdc Director To Target Opioids
Author: Devin Herz
9. Genentech, Roche Holding Accused Of Misrepresenting Amount Of Drug In Vial
Author: Devin Herz
10. Tim Whiting – The Journey Of A Trial Lawyer With Perseverance
Author: Michael Cowen and Tim Whiting
11. Essential Questions To Ask Before Hiring An Appraiser For A Condemnation Case
Author: MR Valuation Consulting
12. Legal Advice For Entrepreneurs
13. Study Finds Even Amid Cdc Warnings, Teens Are Still Vaping In Record Numbers
Author: Hendy Johnson
14. Fetch Top Legal Advice For Divorce, Family Matters, Estate And Personal Injury
Author: Magner & Hueneke
15. How Free Legal Document Creator Works?