ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Update Drivers On Windows 10?
It is only thanks to drivers that your PC parts are able to work in sync. Without compatible drivers on your system, the majority of the applications will not be recognized. If the drivers crash or corrupts, then your system may as well become good for nothing. All this can be avoided by regularly updating the drivers. So, here are the steps to update device drivers on Windows 10.
Updating Drivers with Windows Update
If you want to update drivers with Windows update, then you can follow the provided steps.
1. First of all, you have to launch Settings on your system.
2. After that, you should select Update & Security.
3. Then go to the Windows Update.
4. Now, you should click on the Check for updates option.
Updating Drivers with Device Manager
If you want to update drivers with the device manager, then pursue the instructions given below.
Install a Driver from Microsoft:
1. Get started by going to Start.
2. After that, go to the search box and input Device Manager into it.
3. You should open the Device Manager from the results.
4. Twice ...
... click on the category with the device you would like to update.
5. Go to the device and right-click on it and choose the Update Driver option.
6. Now, navigate to the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
Install a Driver from the Manufacturer:
1. To get started, navigate to the Start on your system.
2. You have to input Device Manager into the search box.
3. You should twice click on the category with the device you would like to update.
4. Go to the device and right-click on it.
5. Choose the Update Driver option.
6. After that, select the Browse my computer for driver software option.
7. Navigate to the Browse option.
8. You should reach the extracted content and choose the main folder.
9. Click on the OK tab.
10. Tick the Include subfolders option to permit the wizard to locate the correct “.inf” file with the steps to update the driver.
11. Now, go to the OK button.
Is the Driver Updated Successfully?
If you want to determine if a driver is updated successfully or not, then you can follow the provided steps.
1. First, you have to go to Start.
2. After that, type Device Manager into the search box.
3. Then you have to click on the Device Manager from the results.
4. You have to twice click on the category with the device you would like to update.
5. Navigate to the device right-click on it and choose the Properties option.
6. You should select the Driver tab.
7. Check the “Driver Version” and “Driver Date” detail.
Ellen Cooper is a passionate writer and a self-proclaimed gadget freak. Having vast working experience in data analytics and information technology, she likes to write about OS, new developments, and gadget releases at office.com/setup.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs. https://askmeyp.com/ | https://m4activate.co.uk/ | https://n4setup.co.uk/
Computers Articles1. Document Management Services In The Healthcare Industry
2. The Best Guide To Dedicated Servers And The Mistakes To Avoid While Selecting One
Author: Manav Jaiden
3. What Is The Future Of Iot?
Author: Satya K Vivek
4. The Role Of Bulk Sms In Customer Service And Support
Author: Leonas IT Solutions
5. Power Bi Solutions For Your Business
Author: Dylan Jackson
6. What Does A Ppc Specialist Do?
Author: Mitesh Patel
7. What Is The Difference Between Cmmc And Fedramp?
Author: Ariento Inc
8. On-premise Vs Cloud Hosting?
Author: Codetru Software
9. Up Your Team's Security With The Recent Version Of Active@ Killdisk
Author: James Vaughn
10. The Benefits Of Rental Management Software
Author: Dylan Randall
11. What Is Wifi Temperature Monitoring And Why Would You Want One?
Author: Chris Miller
12. Marketplace For Cyber Ab Cybersheath Cmmc Assessment 2023
Author: Ariento Inc
13. The Best Online Kotlin Application Development Company- Web Panel Solutions
Author: Web Panel Solutions
14. Introducing The Best Computer Shop In Melbourne
Author: Jack Williams
15. How To Download Mcafee Antivirus? [step-by-step Guide]
Author: karen minton