ALL >> Education >> View Article
How Do Children Learn Through Play?
We must never underestimate the value of play. Playing is an integral part of a child’s early year’s foundation stage and supports their learning journey too. It may look like children are just playing at the daycare Manly, but toddlers learn and develop cognitive skills, physical skills, social skills, and literacy skills through play. Each new skill sets them progress to the next one and builds a foundation to more complicated physical tasks. In fact, an active toddler is likely to remain active later. It helps to nurture imagination and offers the child a sense of adventure. In turn, it helps to develop the ability to concentrate.
Here are a few ways how children tend to learn while playing
• Playing with dough, painting pictures, drawing, playing with dolls and dressing up can encourage imagination, creativity, and expression of feelings.
• Playing with water and sand can be an introduction to explore and learn science and maths.
• Building blocks, puzzles, and shape sorters help to recognise different sizes and shapes and organising them helps to develop logic.
• Dancing, running, climbing, playing with a ball can help body movement, flexibility, strength, and coordination skills.
• Singing and playing instruments develop their listening and hearing.
Children also learn through tasting, touching, hearing, and smell. They will tend to watch things around them, copy language, and behaviour.
Don’t worry if your kid is a slow learner. Not two kids are the same, so does their learning capabilities. Children will develop in their own ways and in their own time. Never compare your kid with another one. Spend some time with them and encourage outdoor playing as it is extremely beneficial and necessary for their development. Outdoor play helps them to explore many things and gives the opportunity to develop their motor skills as well.
This is why the teachers at the preschool Manly encourage playing by offering them different kinds of activities. Sending your child to the kindergartens near manly at an early stage will help your kid to do better in their academics. Don’t think that your kid is too early to start preschool. Although the initial days of preschool seem to be a roller coaster ride for you both, your kid will enjoy and love to go to the school.
Children can learn from everything they do. So, why not make their little world as fun and stimulating as you can.
The author owns a reputed daycare Manly. He is fond of children and gives various tips about parenting in his blogs. He provides an engaging preschool program in a loving, home-like environment where children can play and learn. Visit https://www.leapsandboundspreschool.com.au/manly/ for more details.
Education Articles1. Building Management System Course, Variable Air Volume (vav), Bacnet, Lonworks, Modbus, Profibus
2. There’s Much More To Learning Than Marks & Grades
Author: Vidsan Charter House
3. Why Choose Empi For Pursuing Your Pgdm? Overview Of A Futuristic B-school?
4. Software Testing Course Online - Why You Should Get It Done?
Author: Hitek Computer School
5. The Well Facilitated Campus Life At Advanced Educational Institutions
Author: Advanced Educational Institutions
6. Have A Dream Of Kissing Skies - We Make It A Reality!
Author: HM Aviation
7. Pros Of The Web Driving school
Author: Elena Lily
Author: Deepak Soni
9. Rpa With Automation Anywhere Training In Noida
Author: AShok kumar
10. Back To School Tips For Every Student To Use
Author: Priya Varma
11. Vikas World Class Education
Author: vikas education
12. Tips For Career In Masters In Mass Communication
Author: Rahul Sharma
13. Digital Marketing Course In Chennai
Author: vasan keerthi
14. A-level Tutor Singapore
Author: A-level tutor Singapore
15. Link Between Cancer And Hormone Replacement Therapy – Pubrica