ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
6 Crucial Things To Check Before Moving Into A New House
To make things easier and ensuring your new house is ready for your arrival, here is a checklist of the crucial things you need to check before moving.
1. Change Locks.
You never know how many strangers have keys to your home unless you get new locks. The previous owner might have given duplicate keys to neighbors, relatives, friends, or cleaning services so it is very important to change locks for your security and peace of mind. You can either install new deadlocks yourself to save money or call a locksmith to do the job.
2. Check for Plumbing Leaks.
Inspect the faucets, pipes, running toilet, and water heater for any dripping or leakage. It is helpful to see and fix these issues before you transfer because it can cause an inconvenience to the household. Sometimes the leakage is on hidden pipes so it is worthwhile to monitor the water meter gauge for two hours in which no water is being used. If the reading stays the same, then there is no leak.
3. Check Electrical lines.
Plan where to place your appliances to ensure that you have enough outlets for each of them. Electrical upgrades can be done anytime but it is easier to do in an empty house so that the electricians have easy access to the outlets and electrical lines.
4. Disinfect cabinets.
Aside from dusting, it is crucial to disinfect the cabinets especially if the house has been vacant for quite some time. Pests like to hide in dark places and spreads bacteria quickly. Disinfecting cabinets before you move-in ensures cleanliness and save you from any bacterial infection.
5. Replace or clean the carpets.
If you are planning to replace the carpets it is best to do it before moving-in rather than later. Replacing carpets is a major project which requires transferring furniture and appliances from one place to another when you decide to do it after you have settled in. This can be hassle and will cost you time and more money for the labor. If you are satisfied with the current carpets then steam clean them to ensure your house is fresh and clean when you move-in.
6. Invest in pest control.
Rats, termites, roaches, ants, and many more might just be hiding around the corners. Get rid of them before they become a problem. There are many pests control spray you can buy in the market or you can hire a pest removal services that are experts on this field.
Moving into a new home marks a new beginning of your life. It can be exhausting as there is so much to do in one day. Don’t make it harder than it has to be. Plan ahead, break the steps into simple tasks to make the process easier. Consider the tips I’ve shared above as these can save yourself from headaches later.
Isabella Whitmore believes that productivity is the result of commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort. You can find more of her work at https://electrickettlesplus.com/ where you can find helpful information about electric kettles.
Home and Garden Articles1. Rug Patterns All Set To Become Increasingly Popular Among Young Homeowners
Author: Phoebe Holland
2. Permission Required: To Cut & Grow Chandan Ki Kheti
Author: Tirupati Nursery
3. Order The Best Variety Cacti And Succulents Through Registered And Licensed Supplier
Author: Mark Ramirez
4. Reasons To Have Professional Carpet Cleaning
Author: Nick Koych
5. Searching For Rugs Online Uk? Here Are Some Things You Need To Know
Author: Phoebe Holland
6. Improve The Appearance Of Your Home Exterior With Professional Painters
Author: Pro Painters Calgary
7. Tips To Choose And Use The Curtains Effectively
Author: Al Kilani Fabrics
8. Vital Information About Bug Removal In Franklin
Author: David Alexander
9. Professional Garage Door Installation Takes The Curb Appeal Of Your Home To The Next Level
10. How To Select Good Quality Microwave For Your Home?
Author: Best Micro Ovens
11. How To Find And Choose An Appliance Repair Company In Naples Fl?
Author: Keith Chazin
12. Why Laminate Flooring Is Best For Families With Kids & Pets?
Author: Dylan Holland
13. Distinct Type Of Japanese Dinnerware And Floor Chairs For Use
Author: Joseph Williams
14. How To Turn Your Roof Into An Entertainment Zone
Author: Lincoln Gawler
15. What To Look For When You Opt For Roofing Solutions
Author: Michael Gilmore