ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
Types Of Roofing Materials To Consider For Your House
Total Articles: 3
A roof is an important part of a building, it not only visually completes any structure, it also protects the contents and inhabitants of the building it rests on from rain, wind, snow and more. Depending on the type of structure, the roof can be made of a variety of materials.
Some of the commonly used roofing materials are:-
Asphalt Shingle is one of the most common residential roofing materials available for sale when making decisions about your roof. This is largely due to the fact that they are economical and easy to install. The asphalt shingle also looks good on most architectural styles, especially for traditional suburban styles. The asphalt shingles can be reinforced with either fiberglass or organic materials (cellulose) without affecting the appearance of the material.
It is easier to build flat roofs than any other roof. Fewer materials and less labor are required for flat roofing than any other roofing type. That is why the roofs that are commonly installed on commercial buildings are flat. However, a flat roof is not quite as attractive as other styles of roofs. A flat roof in modern style may be found in multi-family residential apartments in some areas as a rarity.
Metal roofing is arguably the oldest form of roofing that dates back decades. It is not uncommon to see metal roofs on buildings located in remote areas. It is often used because of its resistance to extreme weather conditions. Metal roofs used to be available in zinc, but are now available in aluminum, copper and stainless steel. Metal roofing is lightweight in nature, lasts longer than other types of roofing and is and recyclable as well as offering high solar reflectance. However, metal roofing is relatively expensive.
Tiles (Clay and Concrete)
Tiles are a traditional type of roofing and have been modernized over the years with stronger and newer materials. There are two main types of Tiles; Clay Tiles and Concrete Tiles. As is expected of most roofing materials, Clay and Concrete tiles add texture and elegance to a roof. They are often produced in genuine flat, ribbed or round shapes. The Clay and Concrete tiles last up to 40 – 50 years when taken care of and are usually energy efficient.
Home Based Business Articles1. Get Expert Home Cleaning Services From At Services
Author: sanjeev kumaar
2. Who To Call When You’re In Need Of Emergency Bio-hazard & Trauma Clean-up Services
Author: ServiceMaster 24/7
3. Marble Tiles For Beautiful Home
Author: Maheshwari Impex
4. Three Important Things To Look Out For To In A Mortgage Broker
Author: nancy smith
5. Hvac Parts And Accessories | Air Conditioner Parts | Hvac Parts | Refrigeratorparts - Partsaps
6. Different Types Of Security Solutions For Apartments
Author: Jill Clevenger
7. Benefits Of Automatic Gates: How To Improve Security, Protection, Privacy, And Appeal
8. Selecting The Best Size Of Your Gate When Fencing
9. Top Causes Why You Need To Select Iron Made Gates
10. Valuable Maintenance Facts Of Metal Gates
11. Use Metal Gates To Enhance The Security Of Your Home
12. Why You Need To Think Of Metal Gates
13. Choosing The Cheapest Electric Gates
14. Keep Your Powder Room Organized With These Tips
Author: Ravi A
15. Tiles: Make Your Home Perfect With Tiles
Author: Maheshwari Impex