ALL >> Business >> View Article
5 Reasons To Use A Gps Time Clock System Instead Of Paper Timesheets
Total Articles: 5
1. Time saver: If you’re one of those people that still use paper timesheets, then you must be well aware of their shortcomings. The critical problem that lies with paper timesheets is that they take time for processing and the entire process is manual.
First, you have to make every employee manually enter the time, then go through the process of collecting the said time cards from every employee and then, you get to process them and come to the values again, manually, on a separate sheet to maintain time records. It is a troublesome process that requires not just a lot of time but a lot of effort as well, all of which becomes unnecessary when there is a GPS time clock system monitoring the time of the employees.
The time tracking system itself tracks the time and maintains records which you can access from anywhere at any time. The timesheets are automatically generated from the time entries, and you don’t have to spend a lot of effort in maintaining the timesheets. All the employees can clock in or clock out from their mobile devices or through the desktop to begin time tracking.
2. Accurate: One can’t even compare the traditional paper timesheets to GPS time clocks when it comes to accuracy.
A lot of employees lose themselves in the process of work and don’t remember how much time they spent working. It is normal for people to forget the exact timings of coming in and leaving the office. Manually entering their time from memory means they have to rely on an estimate of their time. The paper timesheets, which are prone to human error, lose hands down to GPS time clocks when it comes to accuracy as they track time by the second and use the exact information for timesheets.
The reliance on estimates usually costs the company a lot of money, because when the estimated time is accumulated for all the employees, they end up paying their employees a lot more than they should for the output they receive, especially since employees typically overestimate their time.
3. Reliable: You can never really know if the employee that just keyed in data into the paper timesheets was being truthful about the time they spent in the office or not. This scenario becomes all the more relevant when it comes to remote workers or those employed on mobile teams and field jobs.
With a GPS time clock system, you can keep track of the employees’ location and where they were at the time of the clock in and clock out. The solution is far more reliable than traditional systems as you can monitor the location of your employees in real time and set a geofence on the job to ensure that they are at the job site at the time of the clock in.
You can always know where your employees are, and assign them jobs accordingly. A good GPS time clock system also ensures that you are regularly updated with the work progress of the employees.
4. Prevention of buddy punching and time theft: How much do practices like time theft and buddy punching cost your business?
A study estimates that the margin is around 400 billion dollars for US Employees. That’s a lot of money to lose! A whopping 19 percent of employees engage in buddy punching according to an estimate. A company loses quite a lot of money, as well as time and paper timesheets, don’t exactly help in preventing that scenario. A reliable system like a GPS time clock goes a long way in avoiding these practices as you can always set a geofence area for the clock in to ensure that the time of an employee begins only when they are at office or job site. The automated GPS time clock system makes a false clock in virtually impossible. You can track work patterns and know which employees arrive late or which ones arrive early with this system in place.
As the manager, you can always review the timesheets and in case of any errors, correct them if you wish to.
5. Ease of generating payroll: It is a hassle to run through lots and lots of paper timesheets to create payroll when you can do it at the click of a button with your GPS time clock system. You only have to enter the hourly wage of each employee when you set up their profiles, and the timesheets are automatically generated with their payroll costs.
All the time records calculated against the wage rate yield an accurate payroll for each employee. You can also enter the lunch hours for the employee and see which employee stays in during lunch hours, arrives late at work, leaves early or works overtime. This helps in ensuring employees are paid what they deserve.
With a time saving, convenient, and overall hassle-free solution like Timeero – the GPS time clock system, you can quickly generate accurate payroll so that you can put your mind to other urgent tasks that require your attention.
WHY ACCOUNTING FIRMS NEED AN EMPLOYEE TIME TRACKING APP
WHY YOU NEED AN EMPLOYEE SCHEDULING APP LIKE TIMEERO
Business Articles1. Is Business Success Relevant To Being Time Efficient?
Author: Jayanti Katariya
2. Blizzard And World Of Warcraft Gold Sellers
Author: Manoj Varma
3. Choosing A New Business Logo Of Which Is Made For People
Author: logo design
4. Freedom Of Speech In Online Game Worlds
Author: Manoj Varma
5. Rent Video Games? Online Rentals Vs Storefront Rentals
Author: Manoj Varma
6. Overview Of Green Building
Author: ge 3s
7. Nail It To Scale It: How Effective Branding Leads To Opportunity
Author: EWN Admin
8. Global Green Polymer Additive Market Analysis Trends, Growth, New Opportunity Forecast To 2023
Author: Nikhil khadilkar
9. Excellent Industrial Ro Equipment That Suits Your Needs
10. Retail Mein Growth Kidhar Hai?
Author: Sachin Sharma
11. Benefits Of Stucco Installation Against Hurricanes
Author: Michael Smith
12. Import Export Code Online Application Form
13. Online Gaming Future? Mmorpgs!
Author: Manoj Varma
14. The Way To Lose Abdominal Fat In 5 Easy Steps
Author: Do you find that most of your stress is work relat
15. How To Ensure Office Security All The Times
Author: Logan Hartley