ALL >> Education >> View Article
4 Common Myths About Tourism Management Institutes In Kolkata
As an undergraduate student in India, you’ll get numerous options to get your higher education done. In a country like India, most students get inclined towards engineering, medical or other types of higher education course. And this mindset contributed in unemployment, especially in the technology field. Besides, this deprives young minds to join the field of their choice. Hotel and hospitality industry is one of such sectors that are still unexplored by the young generation mainly owing to different rumors and wrong notions.
To get admission in hotel management, you need to debunk such myths associated with the hotel management industry.
1. Myth – All About Cooking and Serving Food & Drinks
Yes, Cooking and serving food and drinks/beverages is a part of the industry but that’s not all. Hotel management programs along with these also include front office field, house-keeping, management, and more. Front office is an essential part for inter-departmental functioning and its operation. House-keeping on the other hand ensuring a comfortable and clean living experiences for the guests during their stay. On the other hand role of management is to manage the entire thing, from check-in to check out, smoothly.
2. Myth – For Those Who Don’t Score Well in School
This is a common taboo attached with the hotel management. People believe while pursuing hotel management, you don’t need academic knowledge. No rocket science needs to be learnt to bag a successful degree in hotel management. However, a good academic background always creates a strong foundation to build a lucrative career in hotel management industry. The top 10 hotel management course in Kolkata offers extensive curriculum including accounting, human resource, business communication, marketing, language etc. just to aid courses stay savvy to the market. The top 10 hotel management colleges in Kolkata conduct strict screening and procedure as well to include a student in their colleges. In Kolkata, IIHM offers a comprehensive list of courses for students coming from all over India. The courses are designed in such way that they will prepare you for the jobs at hotel industry.
3. Myth – Dissatisfying Job With Average Pay
Irrespective of the industry, a graduate needs to be well-trained and gain proper work experience to build a good foundation. They start slowly but rise steadily – both in terms of post and pay. This is common and true to all the fields. In India, a hotel management graduate starts somewhere 15-20 thousands and income gradually reaches to several lakhs depending on their experience. This is a field that requires you to make a robust career and your income will be increased automatically.
4. Myth – Not Suitable for Women
This is the biggest myth and needs to be busted. Hotel industry offers lots of different types of jobs. The master degree in hotel management accept candidates irrespective of their gender. Women with good communication skill and impressive personality, calm temperament along with good managerial and observational skill will always be quickly recognized, appreciated and promoted.
Though not easy, hotel management ensures a well developed career with ample opportunities. IIHM not only debunks these 4 myths but also create a smooth path for students to join the hotel industry. Visit https://iihmkolkata.com/ to know more about the college and the courses they offer.
Author’s Bio: Biplab Das is associated with top hotel management colleges in Kolkata. He has been writing extensively about travel and tourism courses in Kolkata for last 8 years.
Education Articles1. Benefits Of Ccna Certification For Your Networking Career
2. Should You Employ A Designer When Renovating Your Kitchen Area?
Author: Alex Arnorld
3. Why Opting For Photography Courses Is Best For Your Clicking Career?
Author: Dk Digital Tech
4. How Could You Make Coding Fun?
Author: shubham sharma
5. How To Quickly Manage High School Teachers Responsibilities
Author: Dilawar Mustafa
6. "the Best Tips To Enrich Communication Between Students, Staff And Parents "
Author: Neelima Ls
7. Best It Training Institute In Jamshedpur
Author: Best IT training institute in jamshepur
8. 10 Famous Trumpet Players
Author: Bishal Sharma
9. Reasons Why Engineering Is Important In Present Day?
Author: Kamal Bhatt
10. Which Is The Best Mca College In Mumbai? Which College Is Better For Pursuing Mca And Have Better P
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
11. Which Is The Best Management Or Mba College In Mumbai?
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
12. The Alignment Of My Project Methodology To The Lean Process
Author: Debra Gentz
13. What Are Some Of The Best Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi?
Author: insights success
14. All You Need To Know About Scholarships For International Students In Australia
Author: Echoes Education
15. Difference Between Mbbs In Ukraine And Other Countries For Indian Students