ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Updates To The Skoda Karoq And Kodiaq Announced
Total Articles: 39
The Skoda Karoq price is already a fantastic value proposition, but both the Karoq and the Kodiaq will be getting a significant update soon. This new update was announced at the recent Geneva Motor Show; it includes some new equipment and a few minor design tweaks. Let’s take a closer look at what we’ve learned so far so that you can make an informed purchasing decision for your next car.
Skoda waited until just before the start of the Geneva Motor Show to announce these new updated for the Skoda Karoq and Kodiaq crossovers. The updates are set to be implemented into production sometime later this year at the latest. These changes will freshen up the range a little and bring these models into line with the forthcoming smaller Kamiq SUV. Skoda wants to make this lineup of crossover SUVs into a formidable and recognisable range by sharing certain design traits.
The Update Changes
The current Skoda arrow logo that we can see on the Karoq and Kodiaq tailgate will be swapped out for the brand new Skoda script logo that will be introduced on the new Kamiq. The Volkswagen Group’s “Side Assist System” (blind spot monitoring on most other car makes) will receive a significant update with an improved range of 70 metres. This will give the Karoq and the Kodiaq plenty of warning for vehicles approaching at higher speeds. Skoda will also be making the latest version of their “Dynamic Chassis Control” (known as active dampers on other cars) available on the front drive Karoq and Kodiaq variants.
Under the Bonnet
The Karoq will soon be available with a 2.0L TDI turbo diesel power plant that generates 140 kW of power. This engine will be paired with a seven speed DSG automatic transmission. The new Kodiaq will have a brand new tyre pressure monitoring system with a sensor installed on each wheel. The addition of the turbo diesel to the range is especially exciting if this variant reaches the Australian market soon.
The Kodiaq Scout
The Skoda Kodiaq Scout trim variant that’s currently only available overseas will also receive an update. There will be ventilated seats to further boost the existing optional heated seats and a set of 20 inch “Ignite” alloy wheels will be made available for the Sportline and RS crossover flagship models.
The local head of Skoda communications is Paul Pottinger, and in a recent interview with car industry insiders, he was unable to confirm how these changes would affect the Australian Skoda releases. However, he was able to confirm that Skoda Australia is expecting a new diesel engine for the Karoq that can generate 140 kW of power. In the recent past, Skoda Australia has stated that they had asked for a diesel four wheel drive Karoq, but we cannot confirm when we might see this in our showrooms.
If you’re looking for a Skoda Karoq in Perth visit us at Skoda Perth to arrange a no obligation test drive today.
Automobiles Articles1. Demystifying The Art Of Safe Driving: 7 Easy Tips For A Safe Road Trip
Author: Sandeep Jangir
2. Impeller Machine Manufacturer Deccan Engineering Leads All Impeller Manufacturers
Author: Deccan Engineering
3. 3 Towing Tips For The Peugeot 5008 Crossover
Author: Barry Sharp
4. Why Should Schedule The Collision Repair Immediately After The Accident
Author: rudys auto refinishing collision
5. 4 Ways To Take Care Of Your Car Between Your Mazda Service Visits
6. Brief Explanation On Why The Maxi Taxis Acts As A Saviour To Larger Groups In Reaching Their Destina
Author: Max Brier
7. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Getting Your Bike Repaired Than Replacing It
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tappet Market By Schaeffler, Skf, Eaton , Federal-mogul, And Nsk.
Author: rechal dey
9. What Is The Difference Between Hid And D2s Led Headlights
Author: Hamish Crotty
10. Why Should You Visit The Service Centres Regularly With Your New Vehicle
Author: Oliver Mertin
11. What To Look For While Booking A Spot At A Nearby Vehicle Parking Lot?
Author: Ava M Williams
12. Sell Of Your Car With 24 Hours Of Calling Cash For Cars
Author: Lachlan Ruth
13. Shore Power Connections How To Inspect An Outlet
Author: Tony Barber
14. How To Prevent Car Sickness In Your Mazda Mx-5
Author: Mandurah Mazda
15. How To Drive Your New Peugeot 3008 In Wet Weather