ALL >> Health >> View Article
Foot And Leg Problems Among Kids
Did you know adults are not the only ones who can suffer from knee and heel pain? Children can suffer from knee and heel pain too due to poor biomechanics.
Common Cause of Knee Pain in Children – Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease
Osgood-Schlatter’s disease is a common cause of knee pain in growing children, especially in boys between the ages of 10 and 15 years.
Osgood-Schlatter disease often occurs during growth spurts, while bones, muscles, tendons, and other structures are changing rapidly.
During activity, the quadriceps muscles pull on the patellar tendon which then, pulls on the tibial tubercle. This recurrent pulling tension of the patellar tendon by the large muscles in the front of the thigh can lead to inflammation of the growth plate. The prominence of the tibial tubercle may become very pronounced causing pain, swelling and tenderness just below the knee joint.
A patellar brace can help in improving patellar tracking. Custom-made orthotics ensure the foot is in properly aligned and not causing undue rotation of the lower leg or stressing the tibial tuberosity.
Common Cause of Heel Pain in Children – Sever’s Disease (or Calcaneal Apophysitis)
Sever’s Disease usually occurs, more often in boys, between the ages of 10 and 15 years. The growth plate in the heel of active growing children is inflamed. It causes pain, swelling and tenderness at the back of the heel and reduces mobility.
Sever’s Disease is caused due to repeated stress on the heel and disturbances in the growth plate where the strong Achilles tendon attaches at the back of the heel.
The condition shows up as localized pain in the back and plantar side of the heel that worsens with physical activity. The pain may become so severe at times that it may cause limping and prevent the child from participating in sports.
Sufficient rest, proper footwear, custom orthotics and heel lifts are extremely important in reducing the strain in the back of the heel and help in recovering from the condition.
Custom Orthotics for Children
Orthotics for children are medical devices that go into the child’s shoes to provide arch support and control the function of the feet. Custom orthotics are often used along with firm shoes and stretching to provide relief.
A digital scanner is used to make custom orthotic devices. Custom orthotics offer the benefit of being molded and prescribed exactly as necessary for individual patients.
To learn more or if you are looking for the best podiatrist or foot doctor in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona, call Oasis Foot and Ankle Clinic at 602-993-2700 Now. Oasis Foot and Ankle Centers offer cutting edge surgical and nonsurgical treatments for foot and ankle conditions and injuries.
Health Articles1. Causes Of Constipation - Vithai Piles Clinic
Author: vithai piles clinic
2. Making Sensual Fantasies A Reality
Author: John Dugan
3. How Occupational Therapy In Bangalore Helps For Autism? | Autism Centre Near Me | Capaar
4. Popular Long Acting Basal Insulin Available For All Types Of Diabetes
Author: Jessica Cristina
5. The Rapid Spread Of Acupuncture In The Western World
Author: Duncan Mcgechie
6. Why Take Ayurvedic Treatment For Muscular Dystrophy And Parkinson Disease
7. Have You Tried Ayurvedic Treatment For Your Diseases?
8. Stress Is A Major Problem In The 21st Century
Author: Duncan Mcgechie
9. Excellent Ayurvedic Treatment For Parkinson
10. Gratitude Humbling Experience Works Like A Medicine!
Author: William Jackson
11. Why Do You Need Dental Crowns?
12. Tips On How To Connect Dental Turbine Unit To Air Compressor
13. Cure Parkinson And Muscular Diseases With Ayurvedic Treatment Here
14. Mx3 Natural Food Supplement-healthcare
Author: ma.laiza bayquin
15. What Are Marijuana's Long-term Effects On The Brain?
Author: Jacob Holmes