ALL >> Business >> View Article
6 Helpful Tips For The Treatment Of Bed Bugs
If you are one of the increasing numbers of people affected by bed bugs then you have come to the right place! Here you will find all the information you need about detecting, treating and exterminating these blood sucking pests from your life.
These rusty red colored bugs are similar in size to a lady bug and will thrive in the cracks and crevices in floors and walls of your home. You will also find them in the folds and creases of mattresses, sofas, chairs and soft furnishings, as well as more obscure places like electrical sockets, picture frames, smoke alarms – the list is endless. Bed bugs can climb and can cover distances of up to 100ft so when hunting them down you cannot afford to leave anything not checked.
The first sign of a problem is most likely to be the appearance of bites on exposed parts of your body e.g. legs, arms and face when you wake in the morning. These usually take on the appearance of a red rash or welts and are extremely itchy. In some cases where they have been scratched until they bleed they may become infected and require medical attention. A prescription from your doctor can usually sort out such problems.
People will react to these bites in different ways – some people have no reaction at all! This may be good for them but, it can mean that a bed bug infestation can go un-noticed for quite some time making treatment more difficult.
Here are six helpful tips:-
1. Remove all bedding and soft furniture – you should place these in sealed plastic bags to avoid the spread of bugs to other parts of the house. All items which can be washing should be clean at as high a temperature as the fabrics will survive.
2. Items which cannot be washing can be put in a tumble dryer on a high setting for approximately 10 minutes. Any items which are incapable to be laundered or put in a tumble dryer for example suits etc. can maybe be steam cleaned. Anything else may have to be preserved in plastic bags and discarded.
3. All furnishings should be vacuumed inside and out – this is perfect for getting rid of bed bug eggs and nymphs which are very tiny and not easily spotted. If possible again utilize a steam cleaner to exterminate any remaining eggs etc. Bed bugs cannot survive heat but it must be instantaneous and anywhere around 450oC – turning the central heating up will not destroy these blood suckers off.
4. Clear out any crevices and cracks, at this time a little DIY may be a first-class idea to seal up these hiding holes for good! Vacuum the reminder of the area -leave no part of furnishings, curtain, cushion, carpet undone! Keep in mind to arrange of the vacuum bag without delay making sure that it is sealed. Then follow the same method in the same careful way using a steam cleaner.
5. When carrying out this cleaning process don’t forget to clean things such as smoke alarms and picture frames as well. Bed bugs will hide everywhere. Keep in mind to get rid of any magazines, news papers etc. which possibly lying around. These too should be sealed and bagged at the same time as in the dirty area and disposed of.
6. Once you are pleased that every place has been cleaned your selected treatment for bed bugs can be applied be it a spray, bed bug traps or fossil shell dust.
If you are at all insecure of applying poisonous chemicals yourself or if you have a mainly large infestation it is possibly wise to get in Melbourne pest control professional help in the treatment of bed bugs.
My name is Michel Marsin and i work full time as a freelance writer, editor former social worker. I am passionate about writing articles on diffrent topics and and now I'm currently working for removalists services.
Business Articles1. Strategic Technology Trends In The Oled Display Market
Author: Lucintel LLC
2. What Is Ecommerce Marketing?
Author: Dinu Das
3. How To Know Bing Ads Are Worth Your Time And Investment
Author: Roi Sutra
4. Selecting A Traditional Cuckoo Clock
Author: Bob Ellis
5. Dimethyl Carbonate Market Size, Share, Growth | Covid -19 Impact Analysis, Demand And Forecast 2023
Author: Unknown Member
6. You Can Now Buy Exhibition Display Stands Online
Author: Graham Stewart
7. Ppc And Seo Are Better When Used Together; Know Why
8. Benzalkonium Chloride Market Size | Uses, Price, Growth, Key Players, Development Strategy, Sales Re
9. Classification Of Offshore Company Incorporation
Author: Harry Crane
10. Michael Malcolm Walker Asic Find To The Best Managed Foreign Exchange Trading Accounts
Author: Michael Malcolm Walker ASIC
11. Strategies To Help In Reducing The Cost Of Your App Development
Author: Aakriti Gupta
12. China Bearings Market (2019-2025)
13. Strategic Technology Trends In The Occupancy Sensor Market
Author: Lucintel LLC
14. What Is The Importance Of Delivery Service In These Times
Author: Gabriel Gould
15. How To Manage The Safety Of Your Event By Hiring Professionals
Author: Logan Hartley