ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Wiring A Shore Power Plug | Boosting Rv Safety, One Shore Power Plug At A Time
Total Articles: 12
Wiring A Shore Power Plug Boosting Rv Safety, One Shore Power Plug At A Time
As lifestyles go, RVing is one of the more laid-back, focused more on enjoying family and nature than pumping adrenaline. But a scorched shore power connection is enough to get the pulse racing of the most seasoned RVer. It means the electrical connection overheated and is close to a critical failure.
The revolutionary SmartPlug overcomes the shortfalls of a traditional twist-style connection. With it, RVers worry less about electrical equipment and more about when to flip the burgers.
The SmartPlug is designed for modern RVing, where power-hungry appliances, electric space heaters, lights, fans, TVs and other conveniences are common on everything from a pop-up to a luxury motor coach. The next generation of shore power connection, it features a pin and clip design that provides over 20 times the metal contact than that of old-fashioned connectors.
This maximizes the electrical transfer to reduce the resistance, arcing and overheating that can result in a catastrophic failure.
Because of its asymmetrical shape, the SmartPlug pushes straight in, so there’s little chance of bending and loosening a blade. It snaps securely in place with spring-loaded stainless steel locking clips—no more fumbling with threading a ring. It’s so effortless to use, it can be done with one hand in dimly lit conditions.
Adding the SmartPlug to an RV with an existing shore power inlet is simple and easily accomplished by the average DIYer with household tools. It has the same cutout and mounting hole pattern as older, twist-type inlets. With a Retro-Fit Kit, owners can save some money by using their existing cable.
The SmartPlug meets or exceeds all current certification requirements. It’s so safe and simple to use, many RV manufacturers are using it as their standard shore power equipment.
Matching any RV décor, the waterproof inlet cover is offered in stainless steel, or non-metallic white, grey or black. A phone/TV/data inlet is also available.
Smart Plug Systems is a privately held manufacturing firm specializing in power delivery systems. It was founded in 2007 and is located in Seattle, WA. Its flagship product, the SmartPlug, is a patented device positioned to replace the current power delivery system for RV’s, Boats, and a variety of specialty vehicles and miscellaneous industrial applications.
Automobiles Articles1. Demystifying The Art Of Safe Driving: 7 Easy Tips For A Safe Road Trip
Author: Sandeep Jangir
2. Impeller Machine Manufacturer Deccan Engineering Leads All Impeller Manufacturers
Author: Deccan Engineering
3. 3 Towing Tips For The Peugeot 5008 Crossover
Author: Barry Sharp
4. Why Should Schedule The Collision Repair Immediately After The Accident
Author: rudys auto refinishing collision
5. 4 Ways To Take Care Of Your Car Between Your Mazda Service Visits
6. Brief Explanation On Why The Maxi Taxis Acts As A Saviour To Larger Groups In Reaching Their Destina
Author: Max Brier
7. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Getting Your Bike Repaired Than Replacing It
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tappet Market By Schaeffler, Skf, Eaton , Federal-mogul, And Nsk.
Author: rechal dey
9. What Is The Difference Between Hid And D2s Led Headlights
Author: Hamish Crotty
10. Why Should You Visit The Service Centres Regularly With Your New Vehicle
Author: Oliver Mertin
11. What To Look For While Booking A Spot At A Nearby Vehicle Parking Lot?
Author: Ava M Williams
12. Sell Of Your Car With 24 Hours Of Calling Cash For Cars
Author: Lachlan Ruth
13. Shore Power Connections How To Inspect An Outlet
Author: Tony Barber
14. How To Prevent Car Sickness In Your Mazda Mx-5
Author: Mandurah Mazda
15. How To Drive Your New Peugeot 3008 In Wet Weather