ALL >> Travel >> View Article
5 Van Hire Mistakes To Avoid
When you want a van hire on The Gold Coast there are a few mistakes to avoid so that your hire is pleasant and enjoyable.
Book in Advance
Make a booking as soon as you have a firm date. If you book your van as soon as you have a firm date you can usually negotiate the best deal. If you have a flexible timetable, ask about their off peak rates and if they offer 3 day weekend deals.
Check the Capacity
Whether you’re going to move people or goods such as the contents of your home or office, you need to know the volume and approximate weight. This way you can get the right sized van. Do you need a van that seats 15 passengers or has enough space to fit your whole home’s contents? There is nothing worse when moving, than not being able to fit everything in the van.
Check the insurance
All hire agreements include a basic insurance cover as specified by government regulations, but check to see just what you’re covered for. Often your own car insurance will cover you for collision, roadside assistance and Acts of Nature.
Many hire companies will only accept payment for your hire by credit card. This allows them to make a charge you for any damages that are not covered by their insurance. Check your credit card as many now have a comprehensive cover for vehicle hire when used for hire payments.
Extras do you need them?
Many hire companies want to charge you for extras such as a GPS NAV system, blue tooth phone, sat phone or audio equipment, this can add considerably to the hire. Some other things such as a roof rack, tow connection or snow tyres unless you will use them are unnecessary extras.
Check things such as the requirements for child restraints and the regulations covering having children in the front seats of a removal van. (They usually only have seating for 3 people in the cab).
A vehicle that seats 12 or more people is considered a bus by Australian law, so the seating and safety requirements are different than a car, but can vary from state to state so you need to make sure about the areas you will travel.
Pickup and Drop-off
Will, you require a oneway hire so you don’t have to return the van to the same company depot? Will they deliver the van to you and then collect it when you finish and what charges above the standard hire fee will they impose for this type of service?
Hiring a van from Airports or collecting it from depots in the main business centres often means you have to pay a premium price. This may or may not be cost effective for you when you make a Van Hire on the Gold Coast, so it is important to find out the relative costs of obtaining the van in different areas.
When hiring a van it’s advisable to make an early booking to ensure you get the right van, just when you need it. Check the options and discounts, including pickup and drop-off options as sometimes it can be more cost effective to have it delivered to you.
Travel Articles1. Egypt And Jordan Luxury Tours-what To Know About Them
Author: Cliff Collins
2. Everest Base Camp Trek — A General Overview
Author: we ramblers
3. Ontario Received Additional 700 Nominations For 2019
4. Here Is Why Annapurna Circuit Trek Is The Best Long Trek In The World!
Author: we ramblers
5. Everest Base Camp Trek - How Difficult Is This Trek And What To Pack?
Author: we ramblers
6. Top 5 Resorts In Maldives
Author: Rocking Trips
7. Three Important Questions To Ask Online Transportation Service Providers Before Hiring Them
Author: morgan cooper
8. Mire Los Comportamientos Superiores En El Turismo De Kerala
Author: Jessica Johansson
9. Wedding Car Rental Jaipur
Author: Virendra Singh
10. Make The Most Of Your Party With Our Excellent Party Bus Rental Dc
Author: Make the Most of Your Party with Our Excellent Par
11. Benefits Of Using Gatwick Airport Transfer
12. Why Do Business Executives Prefer Private Flight Charter?
Author: Avi Baba
13. Make Your Trip Complete With The Magical Kenya Safari Tours
Author: John Smith
14. 6 Great Reasons Why Grenada Should Be On Your Bucket List
Author: Deepak Nangla
15. Kilimanjaro Mountain Trek - A Great Way To Unleash The Power And Stamina Of The Trekkers
Author: Robert Queen