ALL >> General >> View Article
Facts About Silver Fish And Fruit Flies
Total Articles: 28
What are the real issues?
Every once in a while I find that there are pests that really don’t do a lot of harm, especially when the campaign to get rid of them is weighed up against the damage they do. In this article, we are going to take a look at two of the most benign pests there are, the fruit fly and the silver fish. What exactly are these insects being persecuted for?
Fruit flies seem a particularly ridiculous case as far as pests goes. They carry no diseases, are not harmful, and don’t even make noise in big groups. The only knock on the fruit fly as far as problems go is that they tend to breed very quickly and their numbers become suddenly vast. This amount to a visual difficulty more than anything else a basic psychological abhorrence of the existence of so many flying insect. Of course you may also have an aversion to these little guys flying into your wine every time you pop a cork too, and that’s understandable. I think that fruit flies should be dealt with, but as household pest insects go they are not too bad.
Like the fruit fly, silver fish seem to face their main problem in their appearance. They are rather creepy looking, with extensions that look like stingers protruding from all over their body and their shiny silver coloring. Still, beyond looking a bit scary silver fish pose no real harm to humans.
That said, silver fish have been known to do damage to specific pieces of human property. Silverfish can lead to big issues. They are very drawn to the cellulose contained in paper and in book banding, so a silverfish infestation may be harmful as far as a book collection or art supplies are concerned.
I suppose another pest factor that can be attributed to both fruit flies and silver fish is accidental ingestion. It is probably disturbing for many people to think that when they take a bite of a banana or apple that they got of the counter, they might be champing down on a few hundred fruit fly larva and/or eggs. The same concept applies to silver fish; these guys love toiletries, and it’s pretty disturbing to think of one taking up residence in your toothpaste tube.
Still by and large the problems caused by both silverfish and fruit flies are pretty negligible in the big scheme of things. It might be worth it to give your plans for extermination a second thought, unless you are really in the middle of a gigantic infestation. If that is the case, make sure you contact a Pest Control Melbourne company that uses integrated pest management so that you don’t run the risk of harming your family through needless and often useless chemical solutions.
My name is Michel Marsin and i work full time as a freelance writer, editor former social worker. I am passionate about writing articles on diffrent topics and and now I'm currently working for removalists services.
General Articles1. 5 Benefits Of Buying Indian Bridal Hair Accessories From Online Shopping Website
Author: One Mela
2. Got Great App? Make It Visible To The World With Marketing Experts…
3. Best Bridesmaid Gifts For A Rustic Wedding
Author: Ben Alford
4. China Animal Silage Fodder Cutter Crop Straw Crusher
Author: yang huimin
5. Seeking Sweet And Simply Southern Style? Find It And So Much More At Girls ‘round Here
Author: Ben Alford
6. Know What Problems Can Be Fixed Using Astrology By Our Top Astrologer In Brooklyn
7. Are You Looking For A Letting In Edinburgh?
Author: Andrew whitmey
8. Characteristics Of Numerical Control Special Machining Technology
Author: Madhavachar Rangnekadr
9. Waking The Dead Anger Management
10. Global Telecommunication Market
11. How To Do Keyword Research For Seo And It’s Benefits.
Author: Ananth parsad
12. Show Your Creativeness With Bespoke Leather Jackets!
Author: Akash Sharma
13. Make Your Day More Fashionable With The Varieties Of Hippie Clothing For Women
Author: Anika Jonas
14. Attractive Opportunities In The Hydrogen Generation Market During The Forecast Period 2018-2023
Author: MarketsandMarkets™ INC.
15. How Good Is Your Water Treated- Find Sure Results With Water Softeners Nz
Author: Rabin Ryan