ALL >> Education >> View Article
3 Tips That Will Improve Your English For Competitive Examinations
For many, the English section in competitive examinations is the sole reason for their failure. And this has nothing to do with their English speaking skills. As even the ones who go on speaking this language for the most part of their day, often do utterly poor when subjected to its written form. Some desperate aspirants looking to score high in this section sometimes fall for that typical ill advice and end up watching English movies and sitcoms on a daily basis in a bid to improve their overall command. But the fact is, scoring high in this area when taking up a competitive exam has very less to do with you being an English sitcom fan, and more about your efforts to polish your written skills. A formal touch is required if you are willing to score high, especially if you are looking to see your name at the top in SSC Constable GD Result 2019.
So let us have a look three easy tips that will help you improve your written English, so you could score high in this particular section of competitive examinations.
1.Study “Quality” English News Papers
You can read about current events anywhere. But when it comes to reading an English newspaper for improving your language skills, it has less to with your GK. Quality English dailies are written and edited by teams having good command upon the language. These people know that the language is as important as the news itself. Inculcate a habit to go through any reputed English daily at least once a day. Even if you can’t make the time to go through all of it, then make sure that you at least read the editorial page. And don’t forget to sit with an English dictionary next to you.
2.Learn About the Root Words
A root word is the most basic part of a word. It’s what you get after you have removed all the suffixes or prefixes. As an example, take Carnivorous. The term means those who feed on flesh or meat. Here, we have two root words, first is “Carn(i)”, which means flesh, and “Vorous”, means feeding on the specific food. Learning English root words can bring down the mighty task of leaning every other word of the language separately.
3.Make Sentences Immediately Using the Newly Learned Words
Simply reading newspapers and learning new root words won’t do you any good. The only way you can remember them for long is by forming sentences immediately after you have learned anything new. Any new word, phrase, or idiom, when used at least twice or thrice in writing, stays with you even when you are done with your exam preparations. Simply writing them down in your pocket diary won’t help. Because then you won’t be able to know their usage, or how to put them in a sentence structure. As an advice, try writing articles, letters, or essays on a daily basis. Just pick up any topic from the newspapers that you read (a topic of national importance should be given preference) and start writing. Once done, try removing some of the mundane words using new and better words in the language.
Education Articles1. 4 Bba Specializations That Colleges Offer
Author: scms pune
2. Advantages Of Cbse Over Other School Boards In India
Author: Priya Varma
3. Embedded Systems Training In Bangalore | Embedded Software Training
4. The Importance Of Fire Safety Training? Who Providing Good Fire Safety Training In Chennai?
5. Commercial Pilot License Training – Hone Skills To Become A Commercial Pilot
Author: HM Aviation
6. What's The Ranking Of Symbiosis For Mba
Author: Indian Educational Services
7. Best Software Testing Institute In Hyderabad
Author: Venkata krishna
8. How Office Internship Training Program Help Students To Search Out Jobs Easily
9. Boarding School In Siliguri
Author: boarding school in siliguri
10. Python: An Ultimate Resource To Learn Python Programming Easy Way In 2020 | Simpliv
11. Learn Python Programming Fundamentals: A Beginner’s Guide [updated 2020] | Simpliv
12. Mba In India Vs Abroad: Which One To Choose?
13. What Is Sensory Play And Why Is It Important For Your Kids?
Author: Penenlope Swinney
14. A Couple Of Tips To Select An Engineering Branch
Author: kamal Bhatt
15. How To Understand The Ranking Parameters For Engineering Colleges
Author: kamal Bhatt