ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
5 Types Of Current Accounts In India
A current account is suitable to meet the needs and requirements of businesspersons, who have to make multiple transactions on a daily basis. Savings accounts impose restrictions on such dealings and are not ideal for people with businesses or enterprises. However, before you open a current account, you need to know about the different types of current accounts and their features:
1. Standard Current Accounts
It is a non-interest or zero-interest account, where you can deposit the money. You have to maintain a minimum balance and a final average balance every month. The standard current account provides chequebooks, overdraft options, and debit card facilities. Other services offered are internet banking, phone banking, SMS banking, RTGS and NEFT transactions, free of charge.
2. Packaged current accounts
This account is much like a standard current account, which comes with some added perks such as travel insurance, medical insurance, and roadside assistance among others.
3. Single column cash book accounts
Simple cash accounts or single column cashbook accounts allows you to make daily transactions. The only downfall is that it does not provide an overdraft facility. It is suitable for those whose businesses do involve bank accounts. It is essentially a cashbook, which keeps records of daily transactions, maintaining separate columns for debit and credit.
4. Premium current accounts
They are also called gold bank accounts. They come with plenty of benefits and rewards for account holders. Your bank analyses your needs and customises its services to suit your requirements.
5. Foreign currency accounts
This type of current account is beneficial to those businesses, which carry out transactions in foreign currencies. They are usually managed as current accounts but can also be maintained as a savings account.
With a fair idea on all types of current accounts, you can opt for the one that is ideal for you before you open a current account.
Investing / Finance Articles1. How Credit Repair Companies In Michigan Help To Improve Credit Score In 30 Days?
Author: Martin King
2. Playing The Gamble Called Investment
3. Stock Market Evaluation: Not Out Of Emotions
Author: Priyanka Paul
4. Algorithmic Trading In India: History, Regulations, Platforms And Future
Author: Viraj Quant
5. How To Select Mutual Funds And Invest In Sip
Author: Shashank Pawar
6. Puraniks City Reserva - A Home Design For Your Needs
Author: pooja agrawal
7. Sot Cash Against Credit Card In Chennai
8. Get Mortgage Even With Bad Credit –
Author: Ethan Charlotte
9. Money Management Tips - For Small Business In Australia
Author: John Mike
10. All You Need To Know About The Personal Loan Interest Rates
Author: Loan Adda
11. Why Using Self-directed Ira To Buy Real Estate Is A Smart Idea?
Author: Hayley Barnes
12. Best Platform For Automated Trading
Author: Jack Hamilton
13. Is Online Gambling Legal In Oregon - Answers
Author: Georgetta Henn
14. What To Do When The Business Loan Is Refused
Author: Finway Capital
15. Types Of Business And Their Loan Requirement
Author: Finway Capital