ALL >> Marketing >> View Article
The Fearless Landing
Imagine that you are the pilot of a cargo plane during wartime.
And you’re coming in to land your plane on the base’s runway.
But as you approach, on the runway you see burned out tanks, overturned trucks, and crashed fighter planes.
Obviously, the base has been attacked and because of all the debris on the runway, you can’t land your plane.
You hail the control tower and say, “What’s going on down there? There’s junk all over the runway; I can’t land!”
But you hear a chuckle from the person on the other line. “Hey, don’t sweat it; it’s safe. If you look a little closer you’ll see that all that junk has been painted on the runway. There are no actual tanks, trucks, or planes.”
Then you learn that the base had done these painting to confuse the enemy and to prevent them from landing on the runway.
And as soon as you understand this, your perspective shifts. Before you saw tanks, trucks, and planes. Now you see paintings.
And with that new perspective, any fear you had dissipates immediately and you land your plane without a problem.
Fearlessness is a perspective (not an attitude, mindset, or feeling).
It is seeing clearly what is (and what is not). And with a clear perspective, new possibilities open up that were not available with an illusory perspective.
All those tanks, trucks, and planes on the runway are your fearful thoughts and emotions.
They scare you away from taking action. They appear real and dangerous. You believe that if you take action to land your plane you’ll crash and be injured or killed.
But when you look more closely at those fearful thoughts and emotions, you’ll see them for what they really are – illusions, phantoms, mirages – nothing that can cause you harm.
They don’t have any power to injure you.
So, you don’t need to psych yourself up to face your fears.
You don’t need to adopt a fearless mindset and screw up your courage. You don’t need to cultivate a state of fearlessness.
You just need a shift in perspective.
You need to be aware of what actually is. You need to be here, now and open to whatever appears to you. And from that perspective there is no fear.
It’s not a place that you need to get to with long and arduous work and struggle. You just need to have a moment where you remember who you are: Aware, here, now, open, fearless.
In marketing your businesses you face a number of activities that you may mistakenly judge to be difficult, scary, and dangerous.
You know, things like writing an email to a prospect, doing a presentation, following up on a lead, or asking a client to work with you. Terrifying stuff!!
But if you look more closely, you may notice that these activities are no more dangerous than tanks, trucks, and planes painted on a runway.
No, there are simply actions to take.
Yes, it may take some time to do these things well and effectively, but they are not inherently fear-inducing. They are things you can learn to do and ultimately apply to attract new clients to your business.
So, I invite you to shift your perspective.
Aware. Here. Now. Open. Fearless.
From this perspective, virtually anything is possible.
Where will you fly to next?
Action Plan Marketing helps self-employed people attract more clients through action-oriented marketing strategies that get you in front of prospective clients. Get our free report on how you can attract more of your ideal clients at this link: http://actionplan.club/free-stuff.
Marketing Articles1. Benefits Of A Smartphone
2. Global Industrials Robotics Market Is Estimated To Reach $77.7 Billion By 2024, Says Accurize Market
3. Global Checkpoint Inhibitors Market Is Estimated To Reach $56.5 Billion By 2025
4. Global Automotive Sensors Market Is Estimated To Reach $39.8 Billion By 2024, Says Accurize Market R
5. Global Hot Melt Adhesives Market Is Estimated To Reach $11 Billion By 2024, Says Accurize Market Res
6. 3 Signs That Prove You Should Outsource B2b Appointment Setting Services
7. Retail Experts Opinion: How Ai Is Changing The Retail Industry?
8. Critical Skills And The Marketing Job
9. Beer Mugs – Introducing A New Mean Of Advertising
Author: Marry Jane
10. Seo Agency In Houston – Top Seo Steps Taken By Seo Agency In Houston
Author: Damon Za
11. Infoglobaldata Released Adobe Users Email List That Helps You To Reach Adobe Users Across The Globe
Author: Mark Griffith
12. Technology Trends In The Global Smart Home Market
Author: Lucintel LLC
13. Optical Transport Network Market Is Estimated To Grow At A Cagr Of 15.6% During 2019 – 2026, Says Ac
14. Ways To Find The Best Seo Firm For Your Business
Author: Damon Za
15. How Important Are Images In A Website Strategy?
Author: Web Strategy Plus