ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
How To Maintain And Repair Aircraft Instruments?
Even small quantities of dust and dirt entering data ports of various aircraft instruments are often sufficient to throw a fit at the most inopportune time. When receiving a newly purchased aircraft instrument, have it thoroughly examined and as far as possible, fully tested before installation and take off.
The installation process itself should be handled with care. Tighten the nuts (or screws) too much and you could end up destroying the outer casing which in turn could severely damage the internal parts.
Aircraft instrument repairs are supposed to be handled by approved shop and done under controlled conditions. Every repair shop says so in the brochure. But the reality is usually something else. While these shops are run by properly licensed mechanics and engineers, they in turn, hire assistants who have little or no experience handling delicate aircraft Fuel Flow Instruments.
Often times, damage can occur during a maintenance schedule itself. Surprised? Consider this; an inattentive mechanic’s assistant who drops an instrument just 6 inches, will subject its internal components to almost 2 G’s of force! This is enough to damage a lot of sensitive instruments especially Gyros. Similarly, careless assistants can result in contaminates or even tiny nuts and screws getting into the internal mechanism of an Aircraft Digital Instruments – imagine what that could do when the plane is being tossed around during a turbulence. It’s a headache you don’t want.
Tips to maintaining aircraft instruments:
1. Do not lubricate fittings on vacuum gyros as it could result in over- tightening of screws and damage the fitting and the back-plate ports.
2. Cover / tape all ports when shipping to reduce possibility of dirt or dust entering the ports or Aircraft Sensors.
3. Gyros should always be allowed to run-down before removing. This is done to prevent damage to the gimbals and ultra-sensitive bearings. Similarly if you need to keep a gyro in storage for more than a month or two, it needs to be "powered-up" and operated for no less than 39 minutes so as to allow the bearings to be adequately lubricated.
4. If you need to check the accuracy of the Manifold Pressure Indicator or Aircraft Fuel Flow Indicator, you should ideally compare it with the Altimeter's baro setting. Also remember, that some altimeters have vibrators in them. These vibrators are installed to reduce friction within in the instrument and thereby enhance accuracy. During maintenance, the mechanic needs to ensure that the vibrator is functioning properly.
5. Whenever the True Airspeed Indicator is taken out for maintenance, the mechanic needs to make sure the capillary tube is intact otherwise; the true airspeed indicator will have to be replaced.
6. It is very important that any instrument like Aircraft Engine Monitoring Systems should be properly tagged before handing over for repairs.
7. Always make sure the connectors on your fuel probes or Oil Temp Probes are clean and shiny.
For more information on Aircraft Instruments, please visit: https://www.jpinstruments.com/
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Best Audio Interface Of 2020
Author: karan singh
2. Penetration Testing – Making Your Software Impenetrable
Author: Oliver Moore
3. Mobile Economy: Performing Well During Covid-19 Pandemic
Author: Vivek Ghai
4. Vitel Global Communications New Cloud Business Phone Service
5. Ipad Air 3 Vs. Ipad Pro: Which One Is Better?
Author: Aida Martin
6. The 5 Top Best Barcode Scanners To Invest In 2020
7. Why Hipaa Compliance Plays A Major Role In Protecting Data Privacy In Healthcare Apps
Author: Ash Rakars
8. How Do I Download The Alexa App For Windows 10 Pc Free?
Author: Shown Michle
9. This Is Why This Year Will Be The Year Of Mobile App Development
Author: Natasha Verma
10. How To Add A Watermarks And Put Into Your Images?
11. Livestock Monitoring Market Expected To Reach $2.5 Billion By 2025
12. Top Advantages Of Native Mobile App Development For Businesses!
Author: Ash Rakars
13. Setting Up Multi-site Networks
Author: Max Ruby
14. How Can A Startup Hire The Best Android App Development Company?
Author: Rushabh Patel
15. Protect Against Rootkit And Bootkit Malware In Systems That Boot From External Spi Flash Memory