ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Mazda Skyactiv-3 Engines Will Breathe New Life Into Petrol Power Plants
Total Articles: 18
When they are looking at Mazda Cars for Sale, Perth based drivers will have noted the continued presence of combustion engines. This method of power generation is basically the same used throughout the development of the car as a mode of transportation. Over the years we have seen many refinements that have improved both performance and fuel efficiency. The new Mazda SkyActiv-3 engines look like they will set a new benchmark for the petrol engine as a concept and prove that there is still life in this method of generating automotive power.
The SkyActiv-X Engine
Mazda has not even released their latest SkyActiv-X series of engines yet, and they are already looking ahead to the next generation of power plants. The SkyActiv-X is a series of compression ignition engines that will be cleaner and more efficient. The figures are impressive, but Mazda is not resting on their laurels, and it’s clear that they believe that there is still room for petrol powered engines.
The SkyActiv-3 Engine
A report conducted by Automotive News featured the views of Mitsuo Hitomi the head of powertrains for Mazda. Mr. Hitomi stated that the new SkyActiv-3 petrol engine range would actually be as clean as an electric vehicle when the supply chain of energy creation is factored in. The priority for Mazda will be focused on boosting the thermal efficiency of their petrol engines to reduce the combustion energy that is lost to heat and increase the energy available to reach the wheels. Mr. Hitomi has put forward the argument that an increase in thermal efficiency of approximately 27% will create an emission performance on par with an electric vehicle.
The Emission Question
Many people believe that an electric vehicle has zero emissions compared to a more traditionally powered vehicle. Mr. Hitomi has an alternative view; he argues that the well to wheel emissions of electrically powered vehicles included the carbon dioxide that is produced by the creation of the electricity used for power. A combustion vehicle has a total emission that’s calculated by the extraction of oil and the gasoline refining process. Following this logic, some electrically powered vehicle may be more polluting than a cleaner combustion vehicle when the whole fueling and charging process is taken into account.
If they are looking for Mazda cars for sale Perth based drivers should contact us here at Mandurah Mazda. We have a large selection of both new and used cars available including the Mazda 3. Perth drivers are invited to visit us for a no obligation test drive at their earliest convenience, and they can try out the Mazda driving difference first hand. If they require finance to purchase Mazda cars, Perth motorists will discover that our rates are very competitive and the repayments can be tailored to suit their needs. Our team is standing by to advise you on our latest offers, and they will be happy to address any remaining queries that you may have.
Automobiles Articles1. Demystifying The Art Of Safe Driving: 7 Easy Tips For A Safe Road Trip
Author: Sandeep Jangir
2. Impeller Machine Manufacturer Deccan Engineering Leads All Impeller Manufacturers
Author: Deccan Engineering
3. 3 Towing Tips For The Peugeot 5008 Crossover
Author: Barry Sharp
4. Why Should Schedule The Collision Repair Immediately After The Accident
Author: rudys auto refinishing collision
5. 4 Ways To Take Care Of Your Car Between Your Mazda Service Visits
6. Brief Explanation On Why The Maxi Taxis Acts As A Saviour To Larger Groups In Reaching Their Destina
Author: Max Brier
7. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Getting Your Bike Repaired Than Replacing It
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tappet Market By Schaeffler, Skf, Eaton , Federal-mogul, And Nsk.
Author: rechal dey
9. What Is The Difference Between Hid And D2s Led Headlights
Author: Hamish Crotty
10. Why Should You Visit The Service Centres Regularly With Your New Vehicle
Author: Oliver Mertin
11. What To Look For While Booking A Spot At A Nearby Vehicle Parking Lot?
Author: Ava M Williams
12. Sell Of Your Car With 24 Hours Of Calling Cash For Cars
Author: Lachlan Ruth
13. Shore Power Connections How To Inspect An Outlet
Author: Tony Barber
14. How To Prevent Car Sickness In Your Mazda Mx-5
Author: Mandurah Mazda
15. How To Drive Your New Peugeot 3008 In Wet Weather