ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
All About Grease Trap Services
Grease trap prevents FOG (fats, oils, and grease) from entering the sewage system. Restaurants and other places with large kitchen are often required to plant grease trap so that the amount of FOG that passes through the main drainage system can be limited. As the name suggests it traps FOG from the kitchen wastes and keep it away from the city sewage system to prevent contamination. Since grease trap acts as an interceptor and holds solids and other wastes, it needs regular cleaning and maintenance for its flawless working.
Trained and certified professionals
It needs special equipment and knowledge and thus grease trap service near one’s locality is available for both cleaning and maintenance. These service providers have a team of trained professionals who perform the service. The team inspects the grease trap for its maintenance cycle and prepares a cleaning report that mentions the details about parts that were cleaned, repaired or replaced and the next due date. Disposing of the waste is another important factor because it should be disposed off only at the licensed waste receiving center approved by the government. Disposing of waste at any other place is an offense and attracts legal fine and punishments.
Grease trap service procedure
The following procedure is followed by the grease trap service near one’s locality:
• When the grease trap is completely filled, the water inside the tank is allowed to cool down.
• After the water has been cooled, the lid of the grease trap is detached using the wrench or crowbar. Special care is taken to protect the gasket right under the cover while removing the lid.
• In the cold water, the solid waste often floats at the surface, which makes it easier to remove them from the tank. After which the remaining water is pumped out of the tank using a high-pressure suction system.
• After the tank is empty, the team uses scrapers to clean the waste deposits at the base, baffles and the sides of the tank.
• When the tank is completely cleared of all the grease, the tank, lid, and baffles are then cleaned with the mixture of warm water and detergent. This helps in elimination odor and left out grease if any.
• Finally, the grease trap is flushed with fresh water to remove detergent or other debris and a test run is performed to check if there is any blockage left in any of the pipes.
• Grease trap parts are then reinstalled and the system is ready for use until its next cleaning and maintenance.
Some do’s and don’ts
Although grease trap service near one’s locality performs regular cleaning and maintenance, there are certain dos and don’ts that should be kept in mind while using it.
• The waste reaching the trap should be properly sized.
• High-temperature dishwashers and sinks should not be connected to the grease trap.
• Food solids should be removed from utensils and plates before washing them in sinks and dishwashers.
• Bleach, drain cleaners and chemicals should not be drained into the grease trap.
DraneRanger provides various liquid waste management solutions such as grease and lint trap cleaning, lift station and wet well cleaning, septic tank cleaning and maintenance, and vacuum truck services in Houston, Pearland, Alvin, and Sugar Land. To more know, visit http://draneranger.com/services/.
Home and Garden Articles1. Creating Luxury Spaces For Rent In London
Author: Michael Lane
2. 4 Ideas Suggested By Experts To Convert Your Traditional Kitchen Into Modular One
Author: Divya Verma
3. 4 Ways Of Utilizing The Leftover Paint During The Quarantine
4. Refacing Is The Game Changer – 3 Things You Must Know That You Can Expect From It
Author: Jason Zhang
5. Why Should You Take The Services Of Architectural Designers
Author: Garry Stacks
6. What Experts Do In Landscaping Services
Author: Naveed Aziz
7. Roofing Tiles In Kerala Brings Exclusive Products To Deliver A Charm And Beauty To Your Home
Author: Prasanth S
8. Top 8 Reasons To Hire A Quality Auto Locksmith
Author: jennifer john
9. Price Effective & Customized Prefab Car Garages & Gambrel Barn Based On Your Needs
Author: Hazel Smith
10. Finding Pest Control Services Hard To Understand? See These 5 Tips
Author: Sarvesh Velankar
11. Prepare To Move Into New House
Author: Hector Eduardo
12. Louis De Poortere Brings 5 New Rug Collections For Homeowners To Shop From
Author: Phoebe Holland
13. Seven Interesting Benefits Of Patio Blinds
Author: Lincoln Gawler
14. Best Cleaning Company In Dubai | Part Time Maids Dubai | Lavender
15. Key Skills Required For A Proposal Planner
Author: Adam Leworthy