ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Brief 2019 Skoda Kodiaq 132 Tsi Sportline Long Term Review
Total Articles: 39
The 2019 Skoda Kodiaq 132 TSI Sportline came out last year to much acclaim. Skoda’s take on the SUV certainly brings something special to a market that has become crowded with very similar offerings. We thought that it would be a good idea to look at how this car has performed over a longer period of time now that the hype has died down a little.
Skoda marketing experts came up with the "simply clever" tagline for their cars and it the Kodiaq seems to match these expectations. At a glance, we have a medium SUV that uses the Volkswagen Group's MQB platform used on the VW Tiguan and Seat Ateca. The engine can generate 132kW of power with a fuel economy of 7.6L/100km combined. Of course, it has plenty of safety features and a five star ANCAP safety rating.
The interior is well thought out; there’s plenty of space, and it certainly has a more premium feel than many of its rivals. Of course, there is the now infamous door umbrella that’s useful in a pinch, but there are many other clever touches that are genuinely useful. There are blinds for the rear windows to protect rear seat passengers from the sun, and the cup holder tray flips over to lie flatter when not in use. There is an in door rubbish bin to keep the cabin tidy and don’t forget the boot mounted LED torchlights if you need extra illumination in an emergency.
The clever touches add that extra bit of class, but Skoda has also made a great deal of effort to make the Skoda Kodiaq 132 TSI Sportline fundamentally correct. Taller drivers will find the well appointed seats to be as comfortable as for drivers that are shorter in stature. The front and rear seats are heated, which is a godsend for the approaching winter months. The rear legroom is very impressive, even if you have the front seats set back at the limit of their runners. Despite the impressive panoramic sunroof, there is plenty of headroom too due to the taller roofline.
The second row of seating has a set of air vents, along with door pockets for devices and a storage slots at the rear of each front seat. The third row of seats even has cup holders, and the seats are more than adequate for smaller passengers. The seats fold down flat into the floor to provide some very useful space for shopping and carrying larger loads. There are fold out hooks for shopping bags that seem gimmicky at first, but they are really useful in practice.
The build quality is simply excellent, every part feels solidly built and all the fabric and plastic trim lines up nicely with no apparent gaps. The automatic boot is very reliable for flawless hands free operation.
If they are looking for Skoda Kodiaq, Perth based drivers should get in touch with us here at Skoda Perth, and we will be happy to arrange a no obligation test drive.
Automobiles Articles1. Demystifying The Art Of Safe Driving: 7 Easy Tips For A Safe Road Trip
Author: Sandeep Jangir
2. Impeller Machine Manufacturer Deccan Engineering Leads All Impeller Manufacturers
Author: Deccan Engineering
3. 3 Towing Tips For The Peugeot 5008 Crossover
Author: Barry Sharp
4. Why Should Schedule The Collision Repair Immediately After The Accident
Author: rudys auto refinishing collision
5. 4 Ways To Take Care Of Your Car Between Your Mazda Service Visits
6. Brief Explanation On Why The Maxi Taxis Acts As A Saviour To Larger Groups In Reaching Their Destina
Author: Max Brier
7. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Getting Your Bike Repaired Than Replacing It
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tappet Market By Schaeffler, Skf, Eaton , Federal-mogul, And Nsk.
Author: rechal dey
9. What Is The Difference Between Hid And D2s Led Headlights
Author: Hamish Crotty
10. Why Should You Visit The Service Centres Regularly With Your New Vehicle
Author: Oliver Mertin
11. What To Look For While Booking A Spot At A Nearby Vehicle Parking Lot?
Author: Ava M Williams
12. Sell Of Your Car With 24 Hours Of Calling Cash For Cars
Author: Lachlan Ruth
13. Shore Power Connections How To Inspect An Outlet
Author: Tony Barber
14. How To Prevent Car Sickness In Your Mazda Mx-5
Author: Mandurah Mazda
15. How To Drive Your New Peugeot 3008 In Wet Weather