ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
What Is It About The Indian Spices That Everyone Likes It So Much?
Total Articles: 15
Indian cuisine can be intimidating and exciting as it has a horde of unfamiliar dishes, exotic ingredients, tongue-tingling flavors and other experiences. In fact, it is an experience galore. Indian cuisine is a complete world of taste, and this is not something that is said by the Indians themselves. People from around the world have said the same thing as well. Foreigners have even said that this is one cuisine that has elements and techniques from most other world cuisines.
If you are making items of this tradition, do not be afraid to experiment around a bit. The first thing that you need to understand is that this is one cuisine that it is made up of numerous flavors and dishes. There is just a staggering variety here that is absent in most other cuisines. For instance, you may see that in some cuisines there are just a fixed number of popular dishes. However, in the Indian cuisine and way of cooking, there are just so many of them. There are many reasons for this, of course. However, let us learn a bit more about the Indian cuisine.
There are around 30 spices that are used to make the various food preparations. These include turmeric, cumin, ginger and coriander. You can be sure that no matter which dish you are making, these spices shall certainly be there. However, as we just said, these are only a few of the numerous spices.
From the ancient times India was known as the land of spices. In fact it should be interesting to know that in the medieval and Victorian times, the European powers competed one against the other as they wanted sole access to India and its spices. The European trade routes to India were thus called Spice Routes. The various nations of Europe spent a fortune in India and took back spices. Back then these spices used to be sold in Europe at a fortune. It is also said that the various national companies and then the nations themselves invaded India for this precious commodity.
Let us come back to the subject of spices now, to the present. We have seen that there are many kinds of spices and that there are several common ones like cinnamon and turmeric. The thing is that every spice has its role in this wonderful cuisine. Spices as well as the myriad ingredients have their health benefits. Red chili powder for instance is wonderful for the eyes. Today, you can enjoy such spices in the authentic Indian restaurant in Maryland Heights.
In this article, you have just seen some of the many things that make the Indian cuisine so well known around the world. You also have learnt a bit about the historical background and its colonial period. Hopefully, you have found the article interesting. For the finest Indian cuisine, be sure to visit the authentic Indian restaurant in Maryland Heights.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Juice Cleanse In Houston - A Solution To Optimal Wellbeing
Author: Dexter Brown
2. Dried Onion, Dried Garlic, Dehydrated Onion Manufacturer
3. Dehydrated Onion, Dehydrated Garlic, Spices
4. Dehydrated Onion India, Dehydrated Onion Manufacturer India, Dehydrated White Onion Kibbled
5. Exciting Vape Juice Deals On-the-go
Author: Maria Souza
6. What All Do You Need To Meet The Conditions Of Fssai License?
7. Choose Your Favourite Flavoured Top Rated Hard Cider From Common Cider
Author: Rick Panesar
8. Most Effective Strategies To Reveal The Best Indian Restaurant In Prague
Author: Mark Sheldon
9. Tips To Discover The Best Food Destinations Before Going To A New Place
Author: Mark Sheldon
10. Why ‘pind Balluchi’ Is The Best Food Chain In Delhi Ncr?
11. Nandhana Restaurant
12. 10 Healthy Corn Recipes For Babies And Kids | Wonder Parenting
Author: Divya Aggarwal
13. Try Out Weekend Lunch Buffet In Myntorlando Restaurant In Orlando (menu Added)
14. You Will Love These Fine Indian Restaurants (list Added)
15. Significance Of Restaurants
Author: ponting brown