ALL >> Business >> View Article
Crl Super Tips
Total Articles: 40
f you have ever drilled through tile, you know that is one hard surface. In this article I will look at the best type of drill bits for getting through the different types of tiles in the market today. Having the right drill bit will make all the difference in the world, and save you a lot of heartache and grief as well.
Different Types of Tiles
Before we look at the actual type of drill bit to use, it is good to have an understanding of the different types of tiles that you may be using. If you think about there are different tiles for different jobs such as wall tiles and floor tiles. Essentially there are only two main types which are:
Within each of the above types, there are different variations available.
These are made from a mixture of clay, water and various minerals. They can either be glazed or unglazed and the glazed version has a slightly different finish applied and you will know these, as they have a mirror or polished finish. Typically glazed tiles will be used on walls for a nice effect, and unglazed will be used on the floor as they can withstand constant traffic and foot fall.
Porcelain tile also sits in the ceramic tile category and is a popular choice for many home owners. This is because these type of tiles are highly resistant to water, and as such are used in bathrooms, and around sinks as splash backs. Here is a separate article on how to drill through porcelain tiles.
These are made up from different materials like marble, granite, slate and the softer limestone. You can get either honed stone or polished stone. Honed tends to be used on floors, and polished on walls or areas with a low foot fall. Slate is usually only used for great looking floors. Marble can also be used for worktops as can slate in some cases.
Now that we know of the different types of tile available, I think there should be a better understanding of what we need to be able to drill through them. There is one other consideration to take in. What size of a hole will you need to drill. For most home owners this will be either:
A small hole so as you can attach something to the wall, like a cabinet, toilet roll holder or a towel rail.
A larger hole to allow a pipe through or something similar
To be able to drill these different size holes, you will need to have different types and sizes of drill bits. You can read this article if you want to find out how you actually drill through tiles without breaking them. In the video below, you can watch someone show you how to drill through ceramic tiles using a masonry bit. As you will be able to see, it works fine, but it works even better when you use an actual tile bit. for porcelain tiles you absolutely need a proper tile bit.
Business Articles1. Low Voltage Dc Circuit Breaker Market Growth Overview And Predictions On Size Share And Trend Throug
2. String Inverter Market Drivers, Growth Rate, Distributors, Future And Forecast Till 2021
3. Turbocompressor Market Set To Deliver Major Revenue Shares During The Forecast Period
4. What Benefits Are Provided By An Orthodontist?
Author: Ross Tylor
5. Sip Interest Calculator For Your Plan
Author: Jignesh Shah
6. A New Smart Tablet For Lenovo Tablet P10 Review – Just By A Echo Show
Author: Manoj Varma
7. Make Your House Efficient And Modern With A Solar Energy System
Author: Solar Tech Canada
8. Why And How To Discover Ideal Home Business Ideas In Usa?
Author: marisn mackle
9. How Effective Is Invisalign Compared To Braces
Author: Leon Anaf
10. Getting Mortgage Refinancing With Poor Credit Is Now Ways In Canada
Author: Rick Smith
11. Online Carbide Has End Mills For Sale At The Lowest Prices Online
Author: Geoffrey Less
12. The Review Of Samsung Galaxy Tablet A 10.5 For A Budget Tablet
Author: Manoj Varma
13. The Trolling Motor Advantage
Author: The Trolling Motor Advantage
14. Global Rfid In Transportation Market Report Forecast To 2024
Author: JSB Market Research
15. Uv Safety Products Around The World
Author: George Elliot