ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Some Basic And Effective Pest Prevention Methods
Total Articles: 51
There are many do it yourself Pest prevention methods available to put off pests from getting inside your house. The nice thing about these tactics is that they typically free, other than buying some supplies, and most are habitual chores and house maintenance things that we should do on a regular basis anyway. Some examples include raking leaves – you just require making sure you properly dispose of them. Another example is trimming tree branches just make certain to trim them short sufficient that they don’t reach any power lines or your home.
Another great thing about employing these prevention methods is that they are also pesticide free which makes them a form of green prevention methods. If you need a pest solution right away it would be best to call a professional pest control Melbourne company out to your home. Afterward you can use these methods to prevent pests from coming back. Or if you haven’t had a bad infestation yet use these steps to ensure your home stays pests free.
Here are the basic steps to help prevent pests from getting into your home:
1. Keep grass, shrubs, and weeds trimmed, you do not want them getting too big.
2. Keep trash, wood piles, plywood, storage, debris and general junk away from the house. Keep trash in a proper sealed litter can.
3. Go over the exterior of the home and look for any cracks or gap, as those are the most admired entry points. Seal any if found.
4. Check all screens on doors, windows, and vents to make sure there are no tears. Repair or replace any that are damaged.
5. Seal any openings around windows.
6. Make sure all doors have thresholds and or weather stripping. Also that garage doors have a rubber bottom.
7. Seal any openings around pipes or cables.
8. Remove any moisture sources ex. roof leakage and any other dampness tribulations.
9. Replace any damaged wood.
10. Get rid of anything that is wood to ground contact. If necessary elevate the wood with concrete pier blocks.
11. Mound firewood beyond from your home’s foundation and elevate it off of the ground. Always keep firewood outside in an open area such as the backyard.
12. Trim or clip any tree branches or plants poignant the rooftop of the house.
13. Remove logs, stumps, and waste wood from under your home.
14. Add a gravel or stone strip around your house.
15. Make sure all window and door frames do not contact the soil of your yard.
16. Check any crawl spaces, attics, and basements to make sure they are well ventilated, and have no moist or damp areas and are free of clutter.
17. Clean any clogged gutters to prevent water damage.
18. Vacuuming is very important, make sure to use the extension to get in the cracks and corners of your floors and walls.
19. Keep your home clean and dry.
20. Decaying leaves and organic matter should be removed from windows and doors.
21. Keep garbage cans outdoors, but away from damp areas.
22. Do not leave trash bags that are filled lying around, put them in a proper trash can.
23. Drain traps should be capped.
24. Add screens to your attic vents, crawl spaces, floor drains, and any other exposed areas.
25. If you have any mulch in your front or back yard keep in at or below two inches thick.
26. A simple thing to do outside your home is remove any vegetation that is growing on the outer walls of your home. Things like ivy and bougainvillea are pretty to look at, but attract many insects and pests you can follow guide to natural pest control.
27. Outdoor lighting can attract spiders and other pests, it is best to use yellow or sodium vapor lights outdoors.
28. Keep your house tidy. Keep items in proper storage containers, and do not let trash,dishes, laundry etc. pile up within your home. This will also keep other insects away.
29. Move all beds away from touching the wall.
30. If you have a bed skirt either move it so that it doesn’t touch the floor or just completely remove it.
My name is Michel Marsin and i work full time as a freelance writer, editor former social worker. I am passionate about writing articles on diffrent topics and and now I'm currently working for removalists services.
Home and Garden Articles1. So Clean That It Sparkles!
Author: David Smith
2. Why It Is Necessary To Avail Upholstery Cleaning
Author: Jamie Fison
3. What Are The Benefits Of Building Regulation
Author: Garry Stacks
4. Different Roofing Styles Available In Port Lincoln
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. How To Decorate Modern Homes
Author: Taurus Inspro
6. Why You Should Select The Most Suitable Fence For Your House
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What Are The Most Important Things Needed To Be Known About Roofing?
Author: Rick Lopez
8. Tips On Becoming A Successful Development Management Personality
Author: Adam Leworthy
9. Know How To Avail The Services Of A Carpet Cleaning Company
Author: Archer Greville
10. Reasons To Appoint A Building Inspector And Necessary Qualification Required
Author: Callum Soul
11. 3 Different Types Of Tile Wedges That Are Used To Set Tiles On The Floor
Author: Hayden Ryrie
12. How To Choose The Right Wood Splitter For You
Author: Michael Foley
13. Choose The Perfect Bedroom Wardrobe In Just Easy 4 Step.
Author: Regalo Kitchen
14. How To Create Cozy Bedrooms With Stools And Benches From Worlds Away
Author: Robert Berry
15. What Are The Important Options Regarding The Waterproofing Basement Walls?
Author: Rick Lopez